Paid on 8/4/2010 - still nothing but a bogus USPS tracking number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Hey, at least you got it in about 3 weeks. My pup took about 3 months!
    3 months from when ?

out of curiosity, let's say

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_B View Post
      3 months from when ?

out of curiosity, let's say
      From when I paid! Check out the sordid details: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106...-bucketbrian45
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

USPS tracking numbers do not enter the public tracking sector like UPS tracking numbers do. USPS tracking numbers are pretty much Internal Use Only. Once it's been delivered, you can search the number and it will show it as delivered. IF it was returned to sender, it will show that. If it's anywhere in between, they have no fucking clue where it is.

At least that's how it's always been for me, and how they explained it to me at the Post Orifice. Of course I looked at them like they were fucking retarded and on fire for having such a backwards system, but that's Guvmint for ya.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nope, you're right on, Newc.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

From when I paid! Check out the sordid details: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106...-bucketbrian45
            I gotcha beat by a fortnight

Comment

Note to self... don't sell anything to DonP...

Glad everything worked out!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I could set a new record here ... watch this space

Comment

that sucks. hope it works out for you in the end, don.

Comment

I don't know who keeps bumping this thread up but it is dead.

SOP sent the pickups. In the end everything worked out fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I don't know who keeps bumping this thread up but it is dead.

SOP sent the pickups. In the end everything worked out fine.
                      DonP, it may be dead for you, but not for me.
                      I paid for items offered in that same sale thread by SOP and I still haven't received them, that's why I keep checking here for any related snippets from others. I got about the same level of 'customer service' that you did, only I wasn't as vocal about it as soon as you were, and various 'events' meant that the 60 day paypal complaints threshold passed and I was still letting myself be placated about the lack of parcel delivery.
                      More fool me.
                      It's a long story, that I hope I won't have to relate here, but whilst I don't want to hijack this thread, the issue is still very much alive.

Comment

I paid for items offered in that same sale thread by SOP and I still haven't received them, that's why I keep checking here for any related snippets from others. I got about the same level of 'customer service' that you did, only I wasn't as vocal about it as soon as you were, and various 'events' meant that the 60 day paypal complaints threshold passed and I was still letting myself be placated about the lack of parcel delivery.
                        More fool me.
                        It's a long story, that I hope I won't have to relate here, but whilst I don't want to hijack this thread, the issue is still very much alive.
                        Hey Tim,

I'm really sorry to hear about that. I saw your comments but didn't really put together what they were about. Obviously I didn't know what happened to you.

I went down the path of filing a complaint with Paypal and was close to esclating it when I finally got the shipment and delivery.

Comment

I paid for items offered in that same sale thread by SOP and I still haven't received them.
                          Well, let's be honest here. I sent Tim a package that was bounced back and was then given his work address to try again. I never got that back, but Tim didn't receive it per what he told me. A friend of mine who fell in love with my Model 4 had gotten one that was in good shape and asked me to do what I did with mine (install pickups, replace the JT-6 with an OFR, etc) and he let me have his stock electronics (JE-1200 included) because he didn't care about them. So, I packaged that up and sent it to Tim's guitar tech who is in the US (whereas Tim is not). That way I could track it and eliminate the international factor.

Upon receiving it, Tim relayed that the JE-1200 was "unuseable, it's scrap." Tim said his tech claimed that the pot was seized up, which I refuted, and asked if I wanted it sent back or "should I have my friend drop it in the trash for you?"

I found this immediately unsettling, since it sounded like someone trying to rip me off to be 100% honest. I've never had someone offer to throw an almost $100 part "in the trash." I had tested the part, it worked fine, and I had packaged it in such a manner that a tactical nuke would be needed to damage it. I suggested that the part be tested before being summarily dismissed as "scrap" and Tim admitted that his tech hadn't worked on Jackson guitars and that his initial impression of the pot may have been in error (I noted that my guitar, which had been a case queen for over a decade before I really started playing, had a smooth but loaded feel on the JE-1200's pot much like the part I sent and Tim seemed to agree hence his retraction). Then Tim came back and said his tech was soldering a new pot onto the PCB, apparently without testing it to begin with. His choice, not mine.

Tim had asked for the tone pot when he purchased the JE-1200. I never thought of it as part of the transaction (a 20+ year old potentiometer isn't exactly a big dollar item anyhow), since he appended it to the end of his PM asking to buy the JE-1200 as a sort of "can you also," but I had sent it with the first package that was apparently lost and didn't send it when I sent the 2nd one domestically. Like I told him, I had no plans for it and it was in my spare parts bin, so I threw it and the third pot along with the output jack and battery clip in a padded envelope. That apparently has not arrived yet. And I didn't put tracking on it because it wasn't worth the money, IMHO.

I didn't hear anything, figured all was done, and Tim comes back and says that package hasn't shown. Well, at this point I just wanted the matter resolved so I sent Tim a few dollars to cover a new potentiometer so as to try and close this matter. Tim rejected this and said he would just wait for the parts to arrive. Meanwhile, he's told me his tech hasn't even touched the JE-1200 yet (after having it for about a month or so) so...I feel like I've done everything humanly possible to try and satisfy Tim at this point. This whole transaction, honestly, has left me a bit paranoid and probably means I won't do international deals anymore (no offense to Tim).

And don't take any of this the wrong way, Tim's a cool dude, this deal just hasn't worked the way either of us wanted. I'm just at a loss as to what else I can do at this point. The money shot, so to speak, has been delivered. The rest is just a cheap part I offered cash for to a replace with a shiny new one. In my book, that's the best that can be done.
                          Last edited by SausageofPower; 12-19-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

least said, soonest mended.

SOP has tried to make this right, it just hasn't worked out this time.
                            He seems like a decent enough guy that's been let down by circumstances and inexperience.
                            I bear him no malice or ill-feeling.

For those reading this thinking I'm the villain of the piece, that's not the case, if there's a villain here it's the USPS, but I won't do my dirty laundry in public.

and for those thinking about buying or selling, remember...

- when you ship outside the country you live in, complete a customs declaration and fix it to the parcel
                            - if you're buying from abroad, make sure you get the parcel sent traceable and insured
                            - when you say you'll ship something, ship it, don't ship most of it, and then 3 weeks later send the parts you cut off and threw in your parts box
                            - try to take less than 10 days to reply to messages
                            - if you pay with paypal, then don't wait more than the 60 day complaint period to question non-delivery with the seller

I'm putting this one to bed now

Comment

The JE-1200 that S.o.P. sent for TimB arrived seized and after soaking in denatured alcohol for a few days was then able to get to finally move.I wire over 100 guitars a year on average so my abilities to spot a seized pot should not intelligently be in question here.I actually own the original literature for jackson/charvel electronics but since they don't come in much,I had to blow the dust off to remember.lol I will say that when I finally received it, a few wires were clipped only a 1/4" from the board and the pot seized and I thought that the condition could of (imho should of) been better.

its all good in the end as I'll charge Tim double just for dikkin with it lol

Comment

Originally posted by JJDK View Post
                                The JE-1200 that S.o.P. sent for TimB arrived seized and after soaking in denatured alcohol for a few days was then able to get to finally move.I wire over 100 guitars a year on average so my abilities to spot a seized pot should not intelligently be in question here.I actually own the original literature for jackson/charvel electronics but since they don't come in much,I had to blow the dust off to remember.lol I will say that when I finally received it, a few wires were clipped only a 1/4" from the board and the pot seized and I thought that the condition could of (imho should of) been better.

its all good in the end as I'll charge Tim double just for dikkin with it lol
                                Maybe I should let this go, but...

I'm a little confused here. Now we're saying it didn't move at all when it arrived? Tim had relayed before that you said it "turned like crap," which to me meant it turned but wasn't as smooth as you thought it should be (hence my conversation with him about how the JE-1200's I've owned have felt, which we seemed to agree on). I'm just mystified as to how a part went from working fine to being completed seized...but with no other discernible damage. Still, I'll just let it go.

As for the wire that was clipped too close (the white wire), I did that simply because I figured a new wire would be soldered to the PCB. I told Tim that and he never said anything negative about it. The other leads, I believe, were sufficiently long if they were going to be simply spliced and soldered.

Oh well. This whole thing has taught me some lessons. While the shipping is my fault in part (I can't control USPS, as hard as I might try to ;p), every other part was well-received in terms of their condition, so I'm a little baffled as to why this one is apparently the ugly stepchild of the bunch (since this JE-1200 was basically in the same condition as my original one, it was from a Model 4 purchased locally from someone who admitted they hardly ever played it and had been the original owner, though like I told Tim I didn't baby it and hit it with a contact cleaner with lubricant before I packaged it up). In the future, I'll just append an additional item to Tim's list:

-Make video recording of part in use and being packaged, to prove functionality in case any subjective claims are made to the contrary.

Oh well, I think I had four transactions on here. One had minor shipping problems (Don's), two were perfect and this one was great on the social end but obviously had problems that I think we both labored to resolve on the business end. So, not a horrible average given the fact that I haven't been around long enough to build rapport with members here to an extensive degree.
                                Last edited by SausageofPower; 12-20-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X