No announcement yet.

how to protect your pointy headstok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't recall... found em on ebay... They popped up every so often when I was browsing... Keep looking I guess. Sorry.
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Mine always seem to get dinged when I'm rolling around the stage during my guitar solo after Ozzy pulls my hair.

Nah, I'm pretty good with a pointy Strat by now. My Fusion HH is almost mint, one little ding in the "scoop" on top of the lower cutaway, I knocked a coat hanger off a coat rack and it landed right on the corner.

How I think the tips get gashed up is 2 things, accidents, and the old "put the tip of the headstock on your amp" trick (Don't know what I mean? Try it. You're welcome!)

You can try to avoid accidents by being super careful but chances are one is going to happen sooner or later. I never thought in a million years I'd knock that coat hanger off the coat rack, or that it would land on my guitar, or that if it did, it would actually crack the finish down to the wood. But it did. I got over it. See, just now.

Comment

Sorry i think that you guys got it all wrong about "dings give character?" where i come from, the cleaner the better. i guess why don't you hook your guitar up to a truck with a chain and drive around the block and see how much character/mojo your guitar has after that.
        2009 black sl1 usa
        fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
        Burgundy mist model 3
        black model 1 emg
        black model 3 h/s/s
        2005 pointy charvel
        2009 black rr1

Comment

Originally posted by djford View Post
          Sorry i think that you guys got it all wrong about "dings give character?" where i come from, the cleaner the better. i guess why don't you hook your guitar up to a truck with a chain and drive around the block and see how much character/mojo your guitar has after that.
          Because that's clearly not the same thing. But it does show how much of a Douche you are.

Haha Obvisouly I am joking, but I hope you were joking too.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jacksonguy666
            Yes, The back of my explorer has a lot of buckle rash, and on the lower protrusion there are a couple white spots where it hit the wall (after that though, I have never scratched a guitar again

im sorry but dude thats a lie, all your guitars are diged and scratched like crazy

Comment

yeah i was joking but i'm still just getting beat around the bush answers, nothing straight forward. i want to play my usa soloist as much as possible but i want to keep it mint. but i guess ill just have to be extremely careful and not let anybody ever touch it. dont mean to change the subject, but the seymour duncan i'm assuming is a jb? sounds funny hollow low end. my wolfgang standard kills the soloists tone. what pick up would compare besides a wolfgang pickup? cause those are damn high. and are not all black. emgs don't have enough mid-range for me.
              2009 black sl1 usa
              fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
              Burgundy mist model 3
              black model 1 emg
              black model 3 h/s/s
              2005 pointy charvel
              2009 black rr1

Comment

Originally posted by RR666 View Post
                Originally Posted by Jacksonguy666
                Yes, The back of my explorer has a lot of buckle rash, and on the lower protrusion there are a couple white spots where it hit the wall (after that though, I have never scratched a guitar again

im sorry but dude thats a lie, all your guitars are diged and scratched like crazy
                I mean't the wings and head tips on the wall. I do have buckle scratches on all of my guitars, because I wear belts with REALLY pointy edges, but in My defense, I had your DK2 for like a week, and nothing happened to it.
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by djford View Post
                  yeah i was joking but i'm still just getting beat around the bush answers, nothing straight forward. i want to play my usa soloist as much as possible but i want to keep it mint. but i guess ill just have to be extremely careful and not let anybody ever touch it. dont mean to change the subject, but the seymour duncan i'm assuming is a jb? sounds funny hollow low end. my wolfgang standard kills the soloists tone. what pick up would compare besides a wolfgang pickup? cause those are damn high. and are not all black. emgs don't have enough mid-range for me.
                  my answer was straight forward. If you watch what you're doing and be careful when you're moving about with the guitar, you will be fine. If you want to play it at all, there's always a risk that something could happen to it.

Alternatively, you could get yourself a large block of styrofoam and hollow it out, before sliding it over your headstock. You could also see if you could find an Axsack, a material condom that will slip over the body of your guitar to protect everything except the pickups & bridge. Of course, once you've done both of those things, no one will ever know what you're playing or what your Soloist looks like. But it will be protected.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

-The make buckle rash protector accessory
                    - You can put a thick sock over it. Cheap and works well ;P
                    Equipment
                    -Jackson Kelly Std. Professional J003908 (blood red) w/TB-5
                    -Marshall MG15 CDR hosted by
                    -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Originally posted by Danzo View Post
                      -The make buckle rash protector accessory
                      - You can put a thick sock over it. Cheap and works well ;P
                      Or, you know, just take off your pants.

Comment

Working...
                      X