Will a DK2M accept an original Floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
    Myabe it's just me, but I'm not seeing any issues. I dropped my OFR into my DK2M last night with no problems. Block fits fine.
    Most of the Floyds I've seen for sale online say that they have a 42mm block (if they indicate anything). The DK2M's JT580LP has a 32mm block. So you could probably install it just fine, but the block would stick out about 10mm out of the cavity on the back side of the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
      After getting "Strat Fever" recently and discovering that they don't make the Floyd model with a maple board, I might pick up a DK2M.
      funny cause i have immense "strat fever" and for me the ONLY GUITAR that will cure this fever is a CHARVEL USA PRODUCTION SoCal!
      Have u considered one of these used?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
        By the way, I'm totally in shock that Fender doesn't make THIS....

...with a maple board. The Musician's Friend website says that it's available in rosewood or maple, but it's rosewood only. If it could be had in maple I would be all over it.
        I hear you too. I've never had a rosewood board Strat that I've kept longer than a few months. For me, Strats must have maple.
        Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by marnold View Post
          Most of the Floyds I've seen for sale online say that they have a 42mm block (if they indicate anything). The DK2M's JT580LP has a 32mm block. So you could probably install it just fine, but the block would stick out about 10mm out of the cavity on the back side of the guitar.

This floyd came out of my DK1, so maybe that's why it fits?
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=189

Roughly thirty dollars for a huge brass 32mm sustain block if your Floyd DOESN'T happen to have a 32mm block on it.

Comment

Working...
            X