No announcement yet.

"Monster" cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped using Monster and switched to Live Wire cables, which have the same warranty. I've had a couple of Monsters start cutting out intermittently, but my cheaper no-name cables take as much or more abuse and work fine after years of use.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vitaming View Post
      is that a concern, moving from one side of the bedroom to the other?
      Scott

Comment

Actually, I have quite a bit of space in here, smartasses!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

monsters not that durable if your bad about stepping on your cables
          jackson pc-1 chameleon
          charvel model 4
          prs ce-24 emerald green
          ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
          jackson rr ps 3t
          ibanez rg 770 lazer red
          engl thunder 50
          ibanez rg 565
          mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

I'm also in the market for some new cables - my whirlwinds got stolen a couple of years ago and I've been using mainly cheap shit + 1 short Planet Waves ever since! I was thinking of getting more planet waves ones: 2 PW-G-20 Custom Series for GT8 to power amp and 1 PW-AG-20 Circuit Breaker for guitar to GT8. Also - 2 PW-CSPK-10 Classic for power amp to cabs. Expensive business though.

Comment

I've had Monsters for many years now. Only one ever died and it got replaced no questions asked.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Monster cables are overpriced crap, plus you get the added benefit that their plugs are just a tad wider than other plugs so if you plug in and out a lot with them, they deform the inside of the jack where it contacts the plug and ruin your jack.

I had a bunch of monster cables running a 4cm into a GT-8 and ran into that problem. sold them all and got all George L's, so much better sound and totally repairable in the field if they get loose or frayed.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The one I have seems kinda "meh" to me. It's just like any other cable. I didn't buy it, my brother did, and he payed 50 bucks for it. I bought a 10 dollar cable that sounds identical, at least to my ears.

Their HDMI cables are highway robbery.

Like look at these:

$300 (click price for link)
                  $155

It's been proven that the quality of the cable does not give a better picture, all it's there for is to transfer the data from the source to the monitor/television. So essentially, a $10 cable will have the same picture as those $300 cables.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I use this one brand, that is SOOO under the radar that I can't even remember what it's called. They are the only thing the local music store carries. I have used monster cables in the past, and these are better at like 1/3 the price. (There is no logo on the cable, and the package is LONG gone, I'll post it next time I go there.)
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I made my own cables years ago to replace the cheap, worn out cables I had bought years before. The owner of a local electronics store told me he sold a lot of Belden 8410 cable to a guy who made and sold cables for guitar. Using this cable eliminated a lot of noise in my system and only cost $12.00 for 25 feet.

We don’t know the type of cable that many guitar cable manufacturers are using because they remove the identifying information from the cable before making it. I noticed cans of some chemical being sold by electronics stores specifically to remove this information from the cables. A lot of the price is branding hype.

Comment

Ill play with any cable.
                        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I use George L's for instrument and pedal board. I do use Monster cables for head to cab connections
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I go out of my way to use any other brand of cable, whether it's guitar-related or not, because I don't want my money being used to harass & extort licensing agreements from other businesses who make the mistake of using the word "monster" in their name or product.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UG1J9N3C61.DTL

Comment

Just to comment on HDMI cables, with any cable that is only transmitting digital information (HDMI, DVI, Digital Coax, Optical, etc.) it is pointless to spend more money. Just get the $5 one on Newegg and call it a day.
                              Scott

Comment

I like braided cables, and can only achieve my tone while using them.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X