No announcement yet.

Duncan Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, build a giant guitar with a rosewood fretboard, or, miniaturize yourself to 1:20 scale.
    Next, curl up for a nap on the fretboard, right near the edge, after covering your body with nicotine patches.
    Now, fall asleep.
    The nicotine will give you nightmares, and you will automatically roll right off during a fitfull moment.

Easy as falling off a log!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

wow man, thanks for giving away my secret!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I guess we will never know!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Okay, I'm leaving the JB in the SL2H for the time being. I may try to find a 22 fret bolt-on to try the custom. Did anyone ever have the Dimebucker? I had it in a HM strat it was okay but I would not buy it again. Been through 2 dimarzio DP100s sometimes they seem okay sometimes they don’t. I probably won’t ever try any of the WAY HOT pickups like the invaders. I'm curious if some players have a 5 gallon bucket full of pickups and if they have any evaluation on other pickups.

Here we go with "impressions" again, I always thought that when you steered away from the alnico you lost tonal quality but sully has since disproved that.

Comment

i had a dimebucker and was kinda underwhelmed.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
              No you haven't.

Get a Custom 5 if you don't like the JB. The Custom is a more compressed, modern sounding pickup. The Custom 5 has nice gain, but sounds more vintage. The JB for heavy metal and Custom 5 for classic rock/heavy rock are ideal. You don't need no Custom.
              If you're wanting to play extreme metal, get Blackouts.

+1 on the custom 5...I have two ( in two guitars ) sounds great in both
              www.JerryRobison.com
              '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I would not be able to make a buying decision by listening to the clips on SD's website.

Comment

I have done some tweaking on my amp and the JB in my SL2H doesn't sound so "honky & Flabby" now. I plugged in the import charvel that has the SH14 and the rosewood fretboard and it still sounds good. The JJP with the new Dimarzio DP100 sounds glassy now but... when you bend a pinch harmonic it rings forever. I wonder if it is because the guitar is mahogany with a mahogany neck. This may be a good candidate for the for the custom. Would I want the 500K or the 250K potentiometer? Also is there anyone that can make any comparisons between the custom and the DP100? I have 9's on the guitar now and plan on going to 10's and dropping the tuning to a D' and the custom is supposed to work well for dropped tuning?

Comment

you want 500k pots with humbuckers.

the DP100 is a screamer, definately a wild child compared to the custom. but still a great sound. and its the only pickup that Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden will use.

the custom is a little more refined, slightly scooped but not overly scooped. both are really great pickups. i prefer the DP100 myself but i've always been a diehard Maiden Fan.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                    X