X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-46 DR Tite-Fits in D Standard and they hold up fine

For C#, 11-52s.

52 will take you to about B#.

I reccomend D'addario light baritones (0.13) for B and A... That's what I use on my Horizon now.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

if you dont mind a thicker set of strings the GHS zak wylde boomers are great strings for down tuning. the top string is a .60 feels good man.

Comment

12s. They seem just right for me and happen to feel very similar to 10s in E, but that's only me.
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I've changed since I wrote that.

Pathetic, but I'm using 11-50 for D and C# now instead of 10-46 for D.

for Drop C I still reccomend 11-52.

Also, you NEED to use DR Strings. They feel and sound incredible, especially the Tite-Fits.

If they made a 13-62 set I would def. be playing those.

D'addario are the "meh" of strings to me.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

I am dissapointed in all of you. I was expecting one of you to notice that there is no such thing as B# tuning
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
              I've changed since I wrote that.

Pathetic, but I'm using 11-50 for D and C# now instead of 10-46 for D.

for Drop C I still reccomend 11-52.

Also, you NEED to use DR Strings. They feel and sound incredible, especially the Tite-Fits.

If they made a 13-62 set I would def. be playing those.

D'addario are the "meh" of strings to me.
              I use 10.5 - 50 in D and 11-54 in C#. Drop C I swap the 50 for a 56.

I like DR also, but I stick with Ernie Ball because they are cheaper in bulk, and I like them a lot too. I bought a few sets of these new Dunlop Heavy Cores to try out as well.
              Last edited by potatohead; 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Ernie Balls feel odd to me. I play D'Addario if I can't get DR.

I find DR's last really long so I don't have to replace them as often. I'm stringing up my Model 6 right now though with some Tite Fits!
                I like EL34s.

Comment

I am dissapointed in all of you. I was expecting one of you to notice that there is no such thing as B# tuning
                  I thought you meant 11-52 would be ok for C tuning, but were being cryptic

Comment

They are.

I'd reccomend 12-54 though.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

DR strings are great, last a very long time. Never tried the Tite Fit, but I did like the Hi Beams.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've noticed..but only today i was able to post on the forum.

Comment

Im using EB Power Slinkys, like 11- 52 I think. I go back and forth between standard and drop C. I used to use 10- 46 but they were a little floppy in C. You could buy a set of 7 string strings and drop the high E string but tuning back to standard for any long period of time could ruin your neck(by long period I mean tuning to standard then casing it for weeks). That would just be more tension than the neck was meant to withstand. Ive really been digging at least being a 1/2 step down lately. Think I might just commit and say the hell with standard tunings. Drop C and C# are just brutal sounding. Who the F%$# needs a bass player anyhow.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Power slinky's are 11-48

11-52 would be much better for C tuning than 10-46, I use 10-46 for D tuning since I like lighter string tension, but I find them too light for anything lower than D
                            Last edited by ralph; 06-02-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

^^^^^ Youre right, I like them though for drop C tunings. Thyre kinda in that 8s territory of tension in standard, though conversely, Id never put 8s on a guitar ever.
                              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Man, I use a 48 low E in Eb, in C it would be a noodle.

Anyway, I have to agree about downtuning. I have one of my guitars in E and if I didn't just buy six set of strings for it in that tuning I would probably bring it down to Drop C or something. Maybe in a few months when there are gone I will think about it. I play a lot of E std stuff overall but if you play them in D or something, it works fine if you're not with a band.

Comment

Working...
                                X