An Amp Project for Cyg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take plenty o' pix.

I might just stick a quad of 6550's I have lying around in there.
    Talk about a sleeper! WOOF!

J/K, fettster. Settle down.

Comment

Cool stuff! Keep us posted on the progress. I bet that sucker sounds great fixed. I like the controls: Volume and Tone!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That rust you see is coming off quite well. A little sandpaper. A little Swiss Army knife. And a little oil. I tested the tubes. The 6V6 is dead. The 5Y3 is so so. I have a lot of 12AX7's. I will send him a Telefunken large plate. I need to do a little more rust control. The cosmetics I can do. The fix I can't. The Cygness is priceless. He is going to charge me for parts. What a dick.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          That rust you see is coming off quite well. A little sandpaper. A little Swiss Army knife. And a little oil. I tested the tubes. The 6V6 is dead. The 5Y3 is so so. I have a lot of 12AX7's. I will send him a Telefunken large plate. I need to do a little more rust control. The cosmetics I can do. The fix I can't. The Cygness is priceless. He is going to charge me for parts. What a dick.
          Haw Haw...Yore Funny.
          Most likey I could pick any one of the 200 "random old amp parts" slide trays and they would all fit in there. We'll see.
          BTW, I'm more of a Dog than a Dick...wait...nevermind.
          :ROTF:

Comment

Oooh this has the potential to turn into one of those good threads like Budman's 'My wife the luthier' one.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              Oooh this has the potential to turn into one of those good threads like Budman's 'My wife the luthier' one.
              Hey, look who!
              It's Dick!:ROTF:

Comment

Fuck you 'n all.
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I hope I didn't put Cyg on the spot. I just don't know how to send private pics. This Magna amp is like a same era Fender Champ. And probably a better made amp. We shall see whether she blows or blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    BTW, I'm more of a Dog than a Dick...wait...nevermind.
                    :ROTF:
                    Lick my plate, you dog dick! Sorry, I've watched too much Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. :ROTF:
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Lick my plate, you dog dick! Sorry, I've watched too much Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. :ROTF:

Yore purty funny, too.

Comment

LOL I try.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cyg. I just shipped it UPS. I figure about a 3 week turnaround.:ROTF: Woof!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            Cyg. I just shipped it UPS. I figure about a 3 week turnaround.:ROTF: Woof!
                            Sorry, I missed this post.

I'm done with amp work. I exploded a buddy's 5150 while doing a bias.
                            Fortunately, I use a remote switch to power up. My bench is a mess of stinky PCB guts and potentially toxic internals from caps and trannys. Pictures on the way. I'll need to get adequate Personal Protective Equipment to get close enough to take some snapshots. EPA agents are supoosed to be here this week.

J/K.
                            Looking forward to seeing the Magna in the Mailbox.
                            I'm sure it will fit.

Comment

Ya got me.:ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Hey, you two guys are getting along on the forum.
                                You must be gay or something.
                                Ewe!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                                X