No announcement yet.

Black strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on how they are coloured you could get a host of different properties from coloured strings.
    If they are painted then you will get less noise when dragging your fingers up and down the strings (wound strings only obviously).
    Less room for detritus (dead skin) to build up between the coils.
    If they are plated or anodized then they will be more resistant to break down from sweat so should last longer if you are one of the people who doesn't clean the strings after every use.

You can have strings anodized pretty much any colour you wanted, you could even have them all different or perhaps different colours on the same string.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
      How about red strings on a blood splatter? That way it will look like you had a freak picking accident.
      Hmm, I like your thinking
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

ive been using the Black Beauties (DRs) since earlier this year. they last a long time, and they sound great. sure the coating comes off where you pick...but that doesnt bother me at all. i originally tried them because i hated how plain strings felt after abotu a week...at first theyre all slick, then they get a little sticky, then i just cant slide on them. the coated strings arent too slick, but they stay that way for the entire life of the string...slides are easy and effortless, they feel great under your fingers, and there is less squeak on the wound strings.

yea they do feel weird at first...kinda plasticky...but that wears off after a little bit of playing. theyre no gimmick...they really do rule. i wont use anything else now.
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I also use the Black Beauties (bought 8 packets 9-42 ridiculously cheap on ebay.) Their good quality strings that keep their tone for ages but other posters are right, they do look odd where the coating wears away and when replacing a single string with a normal colored one it looks stupid. I've tried a lot of different string manufactures now and i think I'm just going to stay with slinkies when i use up all these DR's, they feel good, their dependable and their not expensive.

However a cool idea if you are going to try them is to get 2 different colored sets and mix them up so you have a zebra like pattern with your string colors.

Comment

I think they look cool. I've seen several used guitars with black strings and I liked them. I wish they made them in yellow. I wouldnt hesitate even for a second putting them on my yellow bengal SL2HT
            Sam

Comment

They are actually great strings. When I bought my latest Rands , they had pink and black ones on them. I thought I would hate them but I've been rather impressed with how well they hold their tone (and I'm a DR player already). I actually just but a blue set on my BFP Jem and they look killer. Here are the Rands:

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                I wish they made them in yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Hmm, I like your thinking
                  I tried to put some burgandy DRs on my brother in laws Warren Blood'..
                  but he doesnt like the strings, so i couldnt do it! Would look cool..imo

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Harrist View Post

Dude, thanks a mil.
                    Sam

Comment

i had red one's on my red charvel, blue one's on my blue jackson. they looked different...but i had them taken off and put regular one's back on.

Comment

First, your hands would have to be surgically clean.
                        Second, you can never sweat.

Otherwise,it seems they would turn black
                        in a few serious plays.

Comment

Working...
                        X