Move That Volume Pot Out Of The WAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delt View Post
    Bah, what's wrong with having some loose holes, just draw/paint/stick "bullet impact" graphics around them, & maybe red lines spilling out
    Meh. Bullet impact only works on camo graphics. On ghost flames? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
      Gah! It won't link. Too many pages. That catalog is huge. Just enter the part number and the catalog page will come up.
      Thanks! The database for these says:

"Temperature range is -40° to +221° F."

I guess that covers playing Metal, from Grind to Death

"Color is black."

Made for Metal heads
      Last edited by jackson1; 11-23-2007, 03:58 AM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

volume pot

Had the simular problem with xl650
        Was always turning guitar down while playing
        Replaced the bridge pup and riped out active circuaty,becouse they sucked.
        Then moved volume to where the tone was and tone where the boost was.
        Left the original volume pot in,only without function
        Now I am a happy camper!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
          i think that the volume knob was in the perfect place. thats one thing i really like about Jacksons and Charvels, the put the volume where you can get to it the quickest. plus you can do that volume swell violin sound with your pinky when its right there.
          +1. I also fan out my fingers George Lynch style, so I go right above the knob and never touch it anyhow.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with my pinky hitting the volume knob cos I don't have time to play anymore yet I still have all the time in the world and no money to keep looking at purchasing new guitars! And this place never helps. Now on a more serious note I think I'm gonna give Bengal's mod a try on one of my Soloists. Thanks for sharing man. Much appreciated.
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

We had a post on this years ago.
              On my Model 6, I made some felt washers to put under
              the volume knob so it takes more effort to move it.
              I'm thinking of giving those RS Superpots a go.
              Are they worth putting into a guitar with EMG's?

Henrik, you need some Chrome buttons? I got some.

Comment

I don't think the RS Superpots will work with the 25K EMG controls. The Super pots from RS are 500K only. The Audio taper pots for tone are 250K with similar resistance as far as shaft rotation. You could contact EMG maybe and see what effect a 500K volume pot would have on their pickups.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Now you can plug them and make it look cool as well. The paint works very well on these if you decide to paint them.

I think they look fine the way they are. Unless you are able to match the exact colors, it might not look too good.
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

Yeah, that's a true statement. I'd have to play with the 'ole airbrush and mix a bunch of colors and maybe get it to match.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

one of these days I'll get around to doing that on all my guitars,,
                      here is the KE2

and i did my warrior with small bolts, and they go with the graphic good

MOSH ON
                      DAVE
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

ya'll must have some wild pickhand action for for the C/J Vol pot location to be in your way I think its in a pretty good location myself. The only time I have an issue is if a pickguard has metal dome knobs the floyd bar hits them when doing dives cause they are too high too close to the bridge pickup...I just regular ole fender strat knobs on those guitars
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                          ya'll must have some wild pickhand action for for the C/J Vol pot location to be in your way
                          Not really. I play with my picking hand half closed (sort of a "cat fist" shape), and that is what causes trouble for me. I hit the damn knob all the time, even on guitars with non-recessed bridges. Not only does it change the volume setting, but it also fucks up my picking, so I can't just disconnect the pot and leave the knob there - I have to physically remove the knob.

I've tried many times to change my picking hand posture, but it just isn't working out. I can't pick at all with the fingers fanned out. It causes tension in my wrist when I do so, and I feel like a lose all strength and accuracy in my pick movements. I always end up going back to the closed hand posture, and chucking the volume knob out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                            I always end up going back to the closed hand posture, and chucking the volume knob out the window.
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              +1
                              +2 My fingers are curved slightly downward. In many cases while I'm palm muting, I will use my fingers to play the high strings, while my pick plays the lower bass notes. I call it finger style meets metal technique

Mosh, you are true genius. Love the bolts!

Comment

Mosh, you are true genius. Love the bolts!
                                Yeah, that was cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X