Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Rose Radius- When will they offer better choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Slightly off-topic...do Kahler trems provide for individual saddle height adjustments?
    Oh yes.....Practically everything adjustable on an original design (not FR licensed) Kahler ............

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
      Oh yes.....Practically everything adjustable on an original design (not FR licensed) Kahler ............
      Sweet, I thought they might be. I have a Kahler fixed-bridge guitar, and they are 6-way adjustable.

Comment

How about Schaller - are they adjustable?
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
          How about Schaller - are they adjustable?
          If you're talking about the Schaller Floyd and individual saddle height adjustment - then the answer is no. You'd have to use shims, like with an OFR.

Comment

Including the tuning, as it will require quite a bit of adjustment if you use a kahler trem like it was a floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
              Including the tuning, as it will require quite a bit of adjustment if you use a kahler trem like it was a floyd.

Comment

Floyd Rose Radius- When will they offer better choices? Reply to Thread

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                If you're talking about the Schaller Floyd and individual saddle height adjustment - then the answer is no. You'd have to use shims, like with an OFR.
                That's true, but the Schaller is 14' at the bridge and nut. A much better choice for many guitars. The problem is that the rout is different. I don't know if it will still drop in, but there will be space behind the bridge, as it doesn't require as large a rout as the FR.
                GM,
                www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by HiOctane View Post
                  That's true, but the Schaller is 14' at the bridge and nut. A much better choice for many guitars. The problem is that the rout is different. I don't know if it will still drop in, but there will be space behind the bridge, as it doesn't require as large a rout as the FR.
                  Not sure about the trem, but Schaller locking nuts R2, R3, R4, R5 are the same 10" radius as Floyd's (according to Warmoth who sells the Schallers and routes their necks specifically for Schaller locking nuts).............See http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/parts.cfm?fuseaction=include_string_nuts and scroll to the middle of the page.

It says:

Schaller Floyd Locking Nuts (Right & Left Hand)
                  These locking nuts are provided with both the Schaller and Original Floyd Rose tremolos, but also sold here separately. Lock nut radius is 10 inches. Includes 2 mounting screws.

Comment

Makes sense they'd be the same... Schaller makes the Original Floyd in their factory anyway, just Schaller also makes their own licensed version.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i honestly dont notice a problem at all... is it realy that big of a difference?
                      My Guitars
                      Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
                      Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
                      Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
                      Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
                      Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
                      Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
                      Kramer Vanguard S-440S
                      Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
                      Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
                      Kramer F-1000 (Black)
                      Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Floyd Rose Radius- When will they offer better choices? Reply to Thread

Not sure about the trem, but Schaller locking nuts R2, R3, R4, R5 are the same 10" radius as Floyd's (according to Warmoth who sells the Schallers and routes their necks specifically for Schaller locking nuts).............See http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/parts.cfm?fuseaction=include_string_nuts and scroll to the middle of the page.

It says:

Schaller Floyd Locking Nuts (Right & Left Hand)
                        These locking nuts are provided with both the Schaller and Original Floyd Rose tremolos, but also sold here separately. Lock nut radius is 10 inches. Includes 2 mounting screws.
                        ____

I'm sure they make several versions, and I agree that Warmoth sells the model with the 10' radius. But they have another version that has a 14' radius. Stewart-MacDonald sells it on their website:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...plete_Set.html
                        GM,
                        www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by HiOctane View Post
                          ____

I'm sure they make several versions, and I agree that Warmoth sells the model with the 10' radius. But they have another version that has a 14' radius. Stewart-MacDonald sells it on their website:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...plete_Set.html
                          I think the Schaller bridge radius is 14 inches, not the nut. If the nut had a different radius other than 10", it would have had a different "R" designation. It would not be called a R2

Comment

I think the Schaller bridge radius is 14 inches, not the nut. If the nut had a different radius other than 10", it would have had a different "R" designation. It would not be called a R2
                            The different R numbers have nothing to do with the radius, though.

R2 For 1-5/8" Nut width
                            R3 For 1-11/16" Nut width Narrow
                            R4 For 1-11/16" Nut width Wide
                            R5 For 1-3/4" Nut width
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Shwayman11 View Post
                              i honestly dont notice a problem at all...
                              That's because there pretty much isn't one. Much ado about nothing. I mean, we've all been playing Floyd Roses for 25-ish years. Geesh.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                The different R numbers have nothing to do with the radius, though.

R2 For 1-5/8" Nut width
                                R3 For 1-11/16" Nut width Narrow
                                R4 For 1-11/16" Nut width Wide
                                R5 For 1-3/4" Nut width
                                off topic but do they make a 1 3/4" narrow spacing. my soloist is 1 3/4" & the Es are almost at the binding?

Comment

Working...
                                X