No announcement yet.

How to paint "digital camo"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about doing a fabric finish. All you have to do is buy some camo, epoxy it down, use a clear filler and then clear coat it. I have seen some that have come out so well you thought it was painted.

Comment

Originally posted by ihocky2 View Post
      How about doing a fabric finish. All you have to do is buy some camo, epoxy it down, use a clear filler and then clear coat it. I have seen some that have come out so well you thought it was painted.
      A guitar wrapped in fabric would sound like poo IMO.

Comment

Not if it's GOOD QUALITY, 100% AMERICAN MADE poo... uh i mean fabric.... bah, whatever
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Anyone know how much it would run to get a paint job like that done to a body? I'm thinking about it
          Gear:
          none

Comment

Shoot Mike Learn an email mailto:[email protected] and see what he says, I have a feeling it's gonna be a little pricey but may be worth it if you really want it. Another option is find a shrinkwrap company tell them what you are shrinkwrapping have them make you a bag with the pattern you want get a heat gun, shrink it and if you know someone who paints cars have them prep it and clear it and then polish it.

Comment

Mike's stuff is killer.

I don't know his prices, but other shops charge ~$400 for a Graphic. Mike can't be cheaper. He's a top notch pro. You won't be disappointed. I know when I have the money to throw, Learn will be one of my top 3 choices, maybe even #1
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I just found THIS
                I'll bet that with a little creativity, you could use their stencils to come up with something cool.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X