No turning back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: No turning back!

Wow. Fantastic craftsmanship. Wonderful photography. Top notch, from start to finish. Thanks for sharing your obvious gifts with us through your posts on this project. This thread has been inspiring.

Comment

Exellent Job!!!! That guitar looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Enjoy!

Comment

Jackson 1 I have been going thruogh the steps to get my RR7 refinished I unfortunatly took it to somebody localy who I have used for over 13 years He had it for 2 months & didn't finish the work I paid him for & half assed the work he did. I found this thread & decided to take on the project myself. I bought the tools & materials I needed & I'm gonna start the refinish Myself. Thanks for the thread so far it's been a step by step for everything I need. awsome job on the V [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Thanks all!

Drake S., i really feel i left out a lot of details in the walkthrough of this project, due to the fact that it is very time consuming to do all that writing. Feel free to ask questions, as to how i did things if you get stuck. Don't take me for a pro, but the solutions i went for, worked out pretty well in the end.

I will update this thread if anything goes "wrong" down the road with the Fernandes modifications. Like, if the paint settles, lines or cracks develop in the finish, neck problems due to stripping the paint. Stuff like that. So far everything is a-ok.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The Kelly was in the same condition the last time I saw her (last weekend when I shipped her out to JCFer Flux) as when I bought her used from the music store! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I played her regularly until I had my Shannon. I tend to keep my guitars in the same condition as when I get them... they're like babies, you have to be careful! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Those aren't real MOP sharkfins on that Fernandes, are they? Still, the whole guitar compliments everything else on there.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god! i thought I dented that wing tip on the kelly.. glad to see it was you not me :P

still in p cond.

Comment

I thought you checked out all the photos BEFORE making the purchase. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What does "p" condition mean? Piss? Passable? Perfect, even? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

perfect

and i did check the pics, i guess i never realized where THAT dent actually was... ahaha

Comment

God, have i ever seena nicer guitar, ever?

the answer is hell no.

jaskson1, dave, great work. beautiful beautiful Beautiful results. Nicest rhoads i've ever seen.

i think randy would've loved it, and the beautiful job would've made up for the goofy logo on ths stock for him!, lol, j/k bout the headtsock. the whople thing's badass!

Comment

AWESOME...thanks. i should be starting my project next week sometime....i hope

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      Amazing, simply amazing, like...really amazing..
                      I'm very impressed, and it looks damn good!
                      Congratulations, took a while, but I bet it's worth it! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X