Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

Comment

On neck throughs it looks cheap to me if the neck is natural and the body is painted something else. I hate the physical look of it. I don't sweat a lot, and I suppose my body oil chemistry is not an issue, as I can move just as fast on painted necks as on unfinished ones. I have both, but prefer the look of paint since the feel and playability are the same to me.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have both but I prefer the look and feel of painted necks.

Rudy
        www.wickedrocks.com
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

i like the feel of a oiled neck and the look of a painted neck

Comment

Raw Oiled

I've had both, and have sanded the finish off on all of them except my USA Jacksons. I just don't have the heart to do it. Get some 1500 grit sand paper and lightly sand it, it will play very fast and if you don't like it you can buff it back up.

Comment

I like both...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

i have this problem on my brand new RR1...i dont like the painted neck...but for now i just dont have the heart to go at it with the sandpaper...maybe later...

Comment

I love painted necks. I have two oiled, but I sanded to 2000 grit and buffed the hell out of the finish so it basically feels painted, just a bid "dryer".
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

My main gripe of painted necks is finish cracking along the edge of the fingerboard. Although my SL1's painted neck is alright (not as quick as my Kramer Pacer's unpainted) the Gibson Gothic SG is sticky and gathers hand-funk very quickly

Comment

i like both

Comment

I like painted I own no raw necked guitars. Taking the finish off a painted neck will just make the guitar worth less than if it was original. It'll not make you play better or faster.

Comment

i like both but i too usually do a light sanding on the painted ones. painted necks feel sticky to me.

Comment

Painted ones with poly or urethane finishes are ok. Sticky painted nitro necks....yuk!

Comment

Oiled necks for me (though only two of my guitars have oiled necks). Painted necks feels cold and stickier to me.
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I like painted necks a lot!
                                Check my bands!
                                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                                X