Clear All

Re: Building My Own. . .(pic heavy)

That guitar is coming along very nicely! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by model1:
      this will be a great axe for sure
      but only i would not like chrome hardware on this baby
      why don´t you put black hardware on as in your generator-pic ?
      no offense meant, if you like chrome, do it
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i was thinking about black, but then i realized that i already have most of the Chrom Hardware, from a different jackson, and i didnt wasn to but new parts.

Comment

thanks bane.

I start lacquering today, when i get hom efrom DC-GL. Hopefully this goes well, i dont wannt fuck this up now. . .

Comment

Hey bobvex!! nice to see you on the jackson board (:

i'm also working on building a 24 fret rhoads for several months now... had to put the project on hold for a while, but i'm back now.

I'm using a modified Avenger rhoads body and a KE3 neck (it's awesome!!!!!!!!)

basically i redid the floyd-rose cavity about 2/3" closer to the neck, gives much more playability on the upper frets than if the neck was further into the body. i also rounded off the bottom corner of the heel, which improves it even more. For pickups, this body had an angled hum in bridge and a single at the neck, i patched both of them with fiberglass and re-routed it hum/single/hum.

As for the neck, i'm a bit more crazy - i wanted bindings on it, so i pulled all the frets, made ledges for the bindings on each side of the fretboard, and right now i'm ready to glue the binding strips on. Then i'll have a luthier put some new frets, which should cost me around $150.

This guitar is seriously gonna kick ass, im hoping to post pictures once it's done (: (: .... !
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Well, I'm gonna be gone for a month and a week so when I get back I will have to thoroughly search for this thread and check out the work.. Post a LOT of picture when you're done and good luck.

Comment

hey delt. .

about that fiberglass, i heard that was a bad idea. . just cause it doesnt have the resonance and feel of real wood, like i used.

the battle of the homemade rhoads has begun!!!
              Ill Be Back.

Comment

&gt; about that fiberglass, i heard that was a bad idea.
                &gt; just cause it doesnt have the resonance and feel of
                &gt; real wood

dont worry, there's still a little bit of alder wood left [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

Awesome. Looking forward to the pictures.

Comment

awesome, awesome. i'm also working on painting mine. It's metallic-green/purple flip-flop paint (chameleon) with a white pinstripe inside the bevels. Now i have to figure out which clear-coat to use on top of this lacquer..........

damn thing that i dont have a digicam..... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

i just finished with mine. . .check your thread for more ideas on how to finish yours. here are some pics of the finished body.

look at the shine. . . .

next. . .electronics. . .

Comment

coooooooool!!!!!!!! of course its gonna be even much cooler with the 24-fret neck on it ... hehehheehhehehhehehe!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Finished. . .

well. . with the finishing part at least. now. . on to the electronics.

pics coming as soon as i get home. . .

Comment

well. . .
                            i finished it up tonight. . .

Comment

Congrats, dude! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow that looks killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X