Building My Own. . .(pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building My Own. . .(pic heavy)

It is nice to see what you want to do man. Go for it. Be sure to post pics. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Update!!1!

the white is finished, i have started on the black. basically i am doing the same thing as i did with my Black Rhoads, which is tape what i dont want painted, and leave open what i do.

heres how it came out

Comment

It's looking great bob!

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice work, but when you moved the heel back, how are you going to intonate the strings? Or did you change to a different scale neck?

If you just moved the pocket back, you may not be able to intonate the guitar properly.

Pete

Comment

if the pocket is routed the correct distance to accomodate the extra two frets of the DK2 neck, then all frets from the 22nd fret down will be in the same place. So it should intonate just fine.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
              if the pocket is routed the correct distance to accomodate the extra two frets of the DK2 neck, then all frets from the 22nd fret down will be in the same place. So it should intonate just fine.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My bad, I thought he was using the neck it came with. Cool project in any event... did you guys measure a DK2 or the scale length before ya dug the pocket deeper?

Pete

Comment

Yeah i measured it up, found that it was 25.5 and compensated acoordingly.

New pics, but i messed up the inside long wing stripe, so i have to redo that one. . .

Comment

Sweet....

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My bad, I thought he was using the neck it came with. Cool project in any event... did you guys measure a DK2 or the scale length before ya dug the pocket deeper?

Pete
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh most definitely Pete. I just measured from the nut to the 12th fret and multiplied by 2. Then routed the neck pocket accordingly.
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

bobvex, where did you make this?

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/

Comment

Its looking better with each update.

What pickup are you going to throw in there?

Comment

well im putting in a EMG HZ-H4 witha pa2 Gainbooster. .
                            so i can have the cleans of a passive, and when i flick on the boost, i have the high outputs of a true 81.

Comment

Update

Finally fixed the pins on the guitar, heres some new pics again. . .

no just to touch it up. . theres still some fine paint dings that need to be fixed.

Comment

this will be a great axe for sure
                                but only i would not like chrome hardware on this baby
                                why don´t you put black hardware on as in your generator-pic ?
                                no offense meant, if you like chrome, do it

Comment

Working...
                                X