Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Do you really need the nut though, if you're retrofitting a guitar with a double locking trem anyway? I mean as long as it's the same size and all that already, would it matter? My Japanese dinky (J580lp) and my SL1 (OFR) have the same size nut and look identical. The only difference I could possibly tell, might be cheaper metal, but is that really necessary as long as it's holding up good?

Comment

Re: I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Originally posted by Hotrod:
      Do you really need the nut though, if you're retrofitting a guitar with a double locking trem anyway? I mean as long as it's the same size and all that already, would it matter? My Japanese dinky (J580lp) and my SL1 (OFR) have the same size nut and look identical. The only difference I could possibly tell, might be cheaper metal, but is that really necessary as long as it's holding up good?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly. Unless you're switching from a chrome Floyd copy to a black OFR, there shouldn't be any need to swap the nut.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

That's the scenario for me. Out with the chrome, in with the black. That also means new tuners and a new knob and jackplate. Hey, this is gettin' expensive! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, those Fender Boxed Floyd Rose trems are not what you think they are. The ones Fender sent me will not work in a Recessed Soloist or Dinky Rout. The block will stick out too far.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
            Hey, those Fender Boxed Floyd Rose trems are not what you think they are. The ones Fender sent me will not work in a Recessed Soloist or Dinky Rout. The block will stick out too far.

Matt
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So they are the 42mm blocks then?

Comment

ooooh perfect timing! I've been wanting to upgrade the JT-6 on my soloist [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] thanks NOTP

Comment

Originally posted by slash:
                So they are the 42mm blocks then?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would think so, since Fender typically non-recesses their Floyds on their Floyd-equipped guitars.

How can I find out which size locknut I have on a guitar? Is it labelled on the underside of the locknut? Guess I'd have to take the damn thing off to find out if this is the case. They should etch the size on the top surface of the nut that's sandwiched by the 3 individual locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                  Usually you tell them which nut you want R4,R5etc.If they don't come with the nut its not a complete floyd.JMO I'd tell them if no nut no sale.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some people use locking tuners instead of a locking nut, and those folks would complain about having to buy the nut.
                  Since as you mentioned you do have to specify the size nut you need, it actually does make sense to sell it separately.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:

Matt
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sucks, that means it won't fit on my jackson DKMG, will it?? since it has recessed cavity... So the OFR's that Carvin and/or warmoth sells has a smaller block???

Comment

This explains why they're blowing them out for $119.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey, they're not baaaaaaaddddd... I really want one, but they don't ship to Canada, the bastards... plus, I don't know what R-width my locknut is since I don't know how to find out.

Comment

They "MIGHT" fit in a DKMG since it is an Archtop, but don't come after me for the $119 if it doesn't work. I think they are the 42 mm ones. $119 isn't exactly the best price in the world on those. Heck, I can sell ya the Gold ones for that, but just remember they have no Locking Nut with um.

Matt

Comment

do you have black OFR for sale??? The ones that can fit into my DKMG... I have my doubts whether 42mm sustain block will fit..

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by slash:
                              So they are the 42mm blocks then?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would think so, since Fender typically non-recesses their Floyds on their Floyd-equipped guitars.

How can I find out which size locknut I have on a guitar? Is it labelled on the underside of the locknut? Guess I'd have to take the damn thing off to find out if this is the case. They should etch the size on the top surface of the nut that's sandwiched by the 3 individual locks.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Measure the width of the nut!
                              R2 1-5/8
                              R3 1-11/16 w/narrow spacing
                              R4 1-11/16 w/wide spancing

Comment

Looks like I have 1-11/16 on my two Jacksons and one Ibanez, but how do I know whether it's an R3 or R4? What does narrow spacing and wide spacing imply if both nuts are 1-11/16?

Comment

Working...
                                X