Adder Plus Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adder Plus Pickups

i don't think a recording by itself will help. you'd have to have 2 identicle guitars running through the same setup, one with a pickup that everyone is familiar with and the other with the APC. you just need to hear these pups live to get the big picture.

the cool thing is that you can totaly shape your sound by adjusting the pickup hieght. they are really sensitive. they can be adjusted as close or as far away as you like without negatively effecting anything. from power wolfing and screaching to smoothed and even, they can do it all.

~JW
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
      i don't think a recording by itself will help. you'd have to have 2 identicle guitars running through the same setup, one with a pickup that everyone is familiar with and the other with the APC. you just need to hear these pups live to get the big picture.

the cool thing is that you can totaly shape your sound by adjusting the pickup hieght. they are really sensitive. they can be adjusted as close or as far away as you like without negatively effecting anything. from power wolfing and screaching to smoothed and even, they can do it all.

~JW
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with dreamland rebel about pup clips or any recordings, they are not the best bet to experience a pups tone and feel.
      LIVE in yer face with your own gear is the ONLY way trust me.
      and i have a real strange feeling the APC's are a
      "have to play to completly experence the mojo" pup
      I know i am sold,i will be ordering the two i mentioned very soon [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The Syrinx and Persuader Lead are in! I'll get pics up as soon as I can. The only complaints I have are that the springs (to adjust pickup height) that came with didn't offer any resistance so I used the old ones, and I forgot that white gets dirty fast!

As for sound, it is somewhat startling to hear such definition and clairity from each string. As I continued to rock them out, I liked it more and more. I currently don't have the pickups too close to the strings so I can't comment on that aspect, but I do notice a hotter signal than with the stock pickups I had before. I noticed the Syrinx(neck) definately had more bass, but that could be due to my amp setting. I also noticed a sensitivity to sliding my fret hand across the strings. The sound seemed more amplified than usual, and is probably due to the hotter signal.

I'm really interested in ordering more, especially seeing how the tele models sound. I just hate the fact that it took two months! Overall, I'm satisfied and can't wait to use them in a live setting.

Comment

More detailed review bro! We need to hear it! How do they sound for high gain situations ?

Comment

I've been waiting almost 3 months now for mine,I literally can't wait.I am growing tired of EMG's a little bit,I hope these are everything I hope for.Mel said they were going out the last 2 weeks,I just need to be patient.I will give a detaled review when I get them in.

Comment

Working...
            X