X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adder Plus Pickups

Originally posted by marmora:
    Hey Sunbane,

What did you use to translate the Swedish APC site?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My head. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Hehe, that gibberish is my native language, y'see. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Does any one know of a dealer that would ship a Persuader Lead over to England? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] i'm really interested in getting this pickup
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yeah, APC. call Mel up from the number on there website.

best pickups ever!!!!!!!!

www.adderplus.com

i'm sure he'll ship them anywhere.

~JEW
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Cool Sunbane,
          I was looking to translate the first paragraph about Mel and then the tele pickup part. If you know a good translation site that would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by diospada:
            To those who are already using these APC pickups in their guitars, can you guys post pics of them??? thanx
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's a pic of John's brother's guitar with an APC(hope you don't mind bro [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

APC pickups

Todd, if you're out there,

I tried using the code with this one and it doesn't work. Why is it that the code only works with some pics and not all? I'm using the same host in most cases. Wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong.... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
              Hot 300 Neck : Traditional chrome cover. Clear tone, but fatter[/i] (Note: The exact wording is: "but with more 'pork'" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).[i] Reduced hum.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess the closest English equivalent for a sound described as a meat product is "beef". A beefy tone is the fat tone you interpreted it to us as. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, that makes sense...I think. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Thanks NotP! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by marmora:
                  Cool Sunbane,
                  I was looking to translate the first paragraph about Mel and then the tele pickup part. If you know a good translation site that would really help.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is no translation service for swedish that I know of - Sweden is a very "fringe" country, and so is the language.

But the first paragraph on the webpage translates as such:

"Melvin A. Lace, owner of over one hundred North American and international patents (among them, the patent for "Fender Lace Sensors"), has designed and produced these pickups through his company ADDER PLUS CORPORATION. The only thing these pickups have in common with other brands, is that they are electronic. The basic principle has to do with using a lot of small magnetic fields, instead of six powerful ones. The magnetic fields are also routed in new patterns, eliminating almost all 50 Hz hum and coil-related feedback."

CHICAGO BLUES SERIES - Single Coil

100 : Extremely bright, precise and straightforward sound, with an incredible string definition.

300 : A "high-tech" version of a classic single coil.

400 : More "punch", big frequency span, sizzling overtones and high output.

TELE STYLE - Single Coil

Vintage T200 Neck : Traditional chrome cover. Classic bluesy sound with less hum.

Vintage T200 Bridge : Classic sound with a lot of "twang". Reduced hum.

Hot 300 Neck : Traditional chrome cover. Clear tone, but fatter
                  (Note: The exact wording is: "but with more 'pork'" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). Reduced hum.

Hot 300 Bridge : Explosive sound and hot overtones, but with less hum and noise.

BASS PICKUPS - Four String

APC P-Style Bass : Distinctive, balanced and full tone, with a lot of punch.

APC J-Style Bass : Dual-coil Humbucker with a distictively modern character. Bright and clear tone with medium-high output. Sold as a set of two pickups for neck and bridge position.

APC P+J Style Bass : Sets of two. The ultimate configuration, from bright and clear to punchy full tones.

Comment

hey sunbane, if you paypal me the $$ i'll get you one and ship it to ya.

~JW
                    Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
                      hey sunbane, if you paypal me the $$ i'll get you one and ship it to ya.

~JW
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, that's really grand of you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      I'd love to take you up on the offer, but there are two circumstances that complicates things right now: 1) I don't have PayPal, and 2) I'm graduating from college soon, and have yet to find a job - so I can't afford guitar-stuff at the moment. ...My wallet is getting dangerously thin. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But who knows, I may get back to you about that some other time. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

whenever you got the cash, let me know.
                        granted, it will take a long time to get it to you. (took me 3 months to get mine from them.

just let me know.
                        ~JW
                        Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only one in limbo waiting for my pickups. It's been over a month when I was told 7-10 days. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I don't know if I should say this, but APC did have someone try to break in recently, however Mel said nothing was stolen. That could be slowing things down. He also told me they are way behind. By the way I ordered the Syrinx for the neck and Persauder Lead for the bridge. SunBane, I'll let you know about the Syrinx's "soft hang" when it comes. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The thing that bothers me is that I live 20 minutes away from APC's office so I just want to go there and get them already! (But I have to pay in state tax [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] )

Comment

BTW, thanks for the translation Sunbane! I tried a couple of translation sites, but they wound up making it even harder to make out and screwing up the English words on the site!

Comment

these pups got me completely intrigued! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                              I personally dont like the tone of EMG's but like the quietness ,power,construction they have.
                              I am ordering a pursuder lead and a malice ASAP [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              I am sure IF i do not like em someone will buy them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't know if this has been asked before, but did anyone record anything using these APC pickups???
                                Be nice to hear what they are all about.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X