No announcement yet.

Darken the fretboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Key Oil or Bore oil and it works great.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      so, you think the fretboard is dirty? I thought the fretboard has become "too dry" after using the solution. The product does asks to "soak" for 20 mins before wiping off if the fretboad is too dirty. Maybe that's what I need to do.
      I thought the white spots were a little amount of your product...
      Light Lies Trailer
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
      www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

bore oil is the best. fret doctor works great.

http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          I thought the white spots were a little amount of your product...
          It is. That white residue happened to my Dinky HX a long time ago when I used Pledge or Endust on the rosewood board. Apparently what he used is not typical lemon oil, he needs something better. It's going to take a long time for that crap to come out of the pores. You can get a guitar pick and start trying to scrape that crap out.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why did I ever mess with the fretboard ??
            Sam

Comment

allright guys, I got my fretboad looking awesome again. And the thing I used... $2 over-the-counter product from Walmart. Long live walmart. Thanks to max for the toothbrush advice. I dont know why I just didnt use this before and used the Kyser crap. I had done something similar to my Ibanez and this De-solv-it was the solution. Its a 100% all natural orange smelling thing that my friend recommended years ago. I used it on my benz to remove tree-sap without hurtin the finish. Here are some after-shots.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                allright guys, I got my fretboad looking awesome again. And the thing I used... $2 over-the-counter product from Walmart. Long live walmart. Thanks to max for the toothbrush advice. I dont know why I just didnt use this before and used the Kyser crap. I had done something similar to my Ibanez and this De-solv-it was the solution. Its a 100% all natural orange smelling thing that my friend recommended years ago. I used it on my benz to remove tree-sap without hurtin the finish. Here are some after-shots.

Now what you need to do, is use some lemon oil. I use Old English lemon oil. They also have scratch cover, which is basically lemon oil with a very dark stain in it. It won't make rosewood look like ebony, but if your fretboard is particularly dry and light coloured, it will darken it, and condition it at the same time.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cool. Thanks! I will give these two a shot. They are also available in walmart.
                  Sam

Comment

Yeah, the Old English is good. Another good one I use is Weiman's lemon oil.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just don't drink it. The Olde English 40s are at the liquor store.

Comment

slurrp!!
                        Sam

Comment

After alcoholing my fboard, and using old english lemon oil, it looked nearly solid black. I'll take pics when I do it again.
                          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

I wouldn't put Old English on my fingerboard. It's just mineral oil with yellow dye and lemon scent. It may make your fretboard look good but it will not provide moisture to the board because it doesn't really penetrate the wood.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well, I don't really want to saturate the wood anyway. I'm worried that too much moisture can swell the board, or even make the wood too mushy. I'm more concerned about stabilizing it.

Comment

Has anyone tried these? I just got 'em last week. But havent used 'em yet. They are moistened wipes. But I think it will just be the same like tim says..."lemon scented"

Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X