No announcement yet.

electric guitar strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR's last a long time, but don't sounnd as good as D'addarios! D'addarios for 10's for me! I think I'm the only guy around that likes to change his strings!
    I love admins!

Comment

Do you guys get real black finger tips and dark shadow lines on your maple
      fretboards, from these Pink 9-42 EB sets? Boy i do! I cant believe the
      black oxide that comes off of these strings and thats the first night brand
      new out of the package. This is my first Maple fretboard so maybe i just
      got used to not seeing this on my ebony Jackson Dinky?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
        Do you guys get real black finger tips and dark shadow lines on your maple
        fretboards, from these Pink 9-42 EB sets? Boy i do! I cant believe the
        black oxide that comes off of these strings and thats the first night brand
        new out of the package. This is my first Maple fretboard so maybe i just
        got used to not seeing this on my ebony Jackson Dinky?
        I've never had that happen. And I have 2 maple board guitars and have used EB Super Slinkys sicne I've started playing. Sounds like either yoru fret board is really dirty or... I don't know what to be honest o_o

Comment

I use 010-046 in standard, 011-052 in Eb, and 012-054 in D. This is with Floyds, btw.

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
          juststrings.com bulk sets. i make my own gauges and buy them in bulk packages and they work for me. last pretty long, havent broken one in years, as good as any other string ive tried basically. and cheaper.

i use 9, 12, 16, 26, 36, 48 for E standard to D standard, and 11, 14, 18, 30, 42, 54 for B standard.
          Hey, great resource!
          I'm having the hardest time finding heavy strings locally, so I may try these out.

Comment

Another +1 for GHS Boomers. I use custom lites, but I'm thinking of changing.

I see a lot of people changing sizes for dropped tunings (makes sense), but I don't see as many people choosing different string sizes for different scale lengths (I have a lot of Gibsons, Fusions, and a 750XL).

I'm thinking for E tunings, 9's for long scale and 10s for short scale, then moving up one size for each drop in tuning for guitars I de-tune.

Comment

i use these 8 to 38 Eb on a floyd
              http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Yeah, I use Ernie Ball Slinky also, but the ones I used are 10's and have a heavy bottom, 52's, I think.
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by Roidster View Post
                  i use these 8 to 38 Eb on a floyd
                  Wow those are light.
                  Scott

Comment

Ghs boomers for $3.75 at wal mart! the 10/46 set! get them

Comment

Working...
                    X