EVH pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
    The PAF i have in my version of Frankenstien is pretty dammed close to the tone. Its backed off pretty far from the strings. Which probably helps alot. But its airy and full and had gain yet clearity. Go figure. As for the nonfunctioning senario. I had a duncn custom in my 82 San Dimas Strat head. That sounded perfect for EVH tone. But when i pulled it out to test it. Low and behold i got a shorted reading. The multimeter just jumped all over the place. For shitsngiggles i put it back in and; hey it worked and sounded just as good as it did before. So there must be something to the correct short theory. That makes the pup short out and still work. It's an odd thing at best.
    Gil
    you have a regular custom that is shorted?
    the one thing i know for a fact is that the ones seymour duncan made for the re-issue $25,000 frankie all read approx 13.75K and use a alnico II magnet which is the same as the sh--11 custom-custom in its stock form
    i have a CC that reads 13.8K and does sound very old school EVH
    but it has a lot of drive, much more than what is in the re-issue EVH frankie.
    so maybe the pup that is in it is a broken Custom-custom?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I HAD a shorted old Duncan Custom. Which i no longer have and am kicking myself for. I stuck it in the neck of a guitar i sold cus the stock pup i put back in it died after i took it out. So it went bye bye. With one hell of an Epi SG. oh well.

Comment

Working...
      X