No announcement yet.

Nail polish remover on pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have just scraped it off with a razor blade, and then hit it with my buffer and some swirl remover polish until the marks went bye-bye.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

What kind of asshole paints a pickup with sparkly nail polish?
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
        What kind of asshole paints a pickup with sparkly nail polish?
        The same asshole that painted my Model 6. Even the tuners have glitter on them. The sharkies glitter as well. It must have been a 90's thing.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Sounds like a gay thing.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Well, done for now. If I could only get them to stop sounding like ass. Couldnt save the logo on the bridge.

Comment

Looks good....but if they sound like ass why did you invest all that time into cleaning them?
              You do know that they come out right? That's what those little screws are for!
              J/K bro
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                Looks good....but if they sound like ass why did you invest all that time into cleaning them?
                You do know that they come out right? That's what those little screws are for!
                J/K bro
                yeah man swap those puppies for sme dimarzios or duncans
                there are only one or two jackson pups i like and those in that RR arent them:ROTF:
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Yeah, I know, but this guitar is not gonna become a money pit. Its more of a beater. I just didnt even want to look at it with that crap on there. At least now I'll actually pick it up and play it a bit before I get disgusted and put it away. Its my token vee.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                    Its my token vee.
                    :ROTF:
                    I can't play those things to save my life. They look cool as hell, but so uncomfortable.
                    -Rick

Comment

Me too. but my kids think its cool.

Comment

That's why I got rid of my Rhoads and Kelly, years ago. Both of them would nosedive, as soon as you took your left hand off the neck. I like a better balanced guitar. Can't play Vs, sitting, for s#$*, either.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I had a V a while back. The trick to playing it sitting was to kind of loop your right leg around the bottom fin to hold it one place. The divebombing was very annoying, but I hear that simply moving the strap plug closer to the base of the neck that can be solved.

OP: Nice cleanup job on the pickups. I would never put nailpolish on anything, let alone a guitar.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            The divebombing was very annoying, but I hear that simply moving the strap plug closer to the base of the neck that can be solved.
                            Yep, that fixed my RX10D perfectly! The guitar feels very very light now and is much easier to play .

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                              Well, done for now. If I could only get them to stop sounding like ass.
                              Dude, it sounded fine before... when you removed the nail polish, you also removed the mojo from the pickups. Good job, dumbass! :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I used acetone to remove a Bill Lawrence USA logo (which was printed crooked and looked terrible). It worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X