No announcement yet.

Replacement trem for JT580LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take the job! I just need people to start sending me their trems, so I can do a proper job.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

I don't think it's gonna work. No matter how much info we get on the trems themselves, the trem routes might vary from model to model even if the guitars have the same trem. Some might have more clearance behind for the lock screws than others, which might explain why some will take an OFR with no problem, but others have clearance issues.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
        Interesting
        So, has any of this rubbish helped you out?....or are you more confused now? I think I'm more confused!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
          So, has any of this rubbish helped you out?....or are you more confused now? I think I'm more confused!
          Yes. Basically I'm resigning to keeping the JT580LP
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Good choice. I don't care what anyone else thinks, they are very good trems.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Could definitely be worse, that´s for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                "toothpaste era"
                Can you expand on this? I am assuming this is an era of especially terrible build or material quality? (I think I have one on a Dinky!). What dates and models are affected?

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink
                  Can you expand on this? I am assuming this is an era of especially terrible build or material quality? (I think I have one on a Dinky!). What dates and models are affected?
                  Nah, he's talking about the Charvel imports that had the "toothpaste"-style logo on the headstock which first appeared after the model series, so '89 or '90. Same build quality as the Model series from all accounts, so very well built indeed.
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yep, thanx Sanc. They´re also referred to as the "number series"

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus

Also, all JT-590 came with a 32mm block after 1990 and a 37mm during the "toothpaste era", as they were all recessed and 42mm blocks would have stuck out the back.... I´ve actually never seen a factory mounted 590 with a 42mm block, only on ebay...
                      I'm not sure about any of the other toothpaste models, but the 750XL definitely came stock w/ a 42mm block on the JT-590. Mine is non-recessed and doesn't even have a pull-up route, though some did (the ones shown in the '89 catalog scans have pull-up routes). I also would've swore that there were other toothpaste models with non-recessed trems, like the 650XL. I thought they had a pull-up route, but were non-recessed too. Anyway, not trying to nit-pick, but it's just that type of thread.

Comment

Mmm, yeah. I've never seen a 750 or a 650 with a full recess. Were the bolt-on models recessed, while the neck-thru and set neck ones were non-recessed? All the 475s and 375s I've seen have had recessed trems. :scratch:

Comment

Ups, yeah, my bad, the neckthrus probably had 37 or 42mm blocks (as would be proper for a top mounted trem). I was thinking 375s, Fusions, ´90 Charvel Euro Reissues and and such. Should´ve clarified, sorry

Comment

I am a Tremstetter. I just have a bunch sitting around. For the most part, the guitars I buy have to have real Floyds or Charvel Floyds made in Germany. Beat up Kramers are a great place to get real Floyds. There was a time when they were stock on the guitars. Now, I have a V that has a 580 on it and a Kelly that has a LFR 590. If I decide to sell them, I'll install OFR's on both. They love that stuff. If you want to mod a guitar, get a bunch of parts. It's a lot easier.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                            X