Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
    +2...long live the F-body!!
    Lets not forget about the Dodge and Plymouth A bodies!!!
    Can

Comment

Lets not forget about the Dodge and Plymouth A bodies!!!
      Can anybody say 426 Hemi Dart/Barracuda??
      How about a 383 GTS Dart or a 340 Duster, 273 Super Commando Formula S Barracuda?
      Plum Crazy
      Sublime Green
      Hemi Orange
      Bumblebee stripes
      MOPAR OR NOCAR

Comment

Might not have to fret over it for long. I saw, in a magazine, the 2009 Camaro, last week. It's slated to hold 400 hp. More power than either my 89' Camaro, or my 68' Chevelle. Sadly, WAY more expensive, too. Look for old farts with money to burn, driving them, just like most of the Corvette crowd.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Screw Floyds and Kahlers....Wonderbars rule!!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

1 vote for the GTO.

Since I still haven't totally figured out setting up my Floyd-knockoff I'll butt out of the other debate.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

How about a 64 Plymouth sport fury with a stage III 426 wedge motor and a push button 727/dana 60.HUH?HUH?
              Long live the B body Mopars.Love the As too.I had a 65 barracuda formula S with a 273/4 speed, what a Chevelle killer that little car was.OBTW Floyds and Kahlers are great when maintained properly.
              Last edited by straycat; 05-23-2006, 02:32 AM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I got to take a 68 SS/AA hemi cuda for a few 1/4 mile trips and I can say there is nothing like it.Brut power.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have 3 Jacksons and 3 different trems:

A Schaller Floyd, A JT580, and a Kahler.

Each has it's advantage and disadvantage.

The JT580 is made from swiss cheese and is quite flimsy in build terms, I have to be carefull when servicing it since it will strip threads easily. I also find the balance is all wrong with the springs, leaning your palm on the bridge will send it out of tune very easily. Ideally it should be more stable than that for good playing. On the plus side when playing without a bar installed I can get my fingers behind and pull on the tuners (can make some interesting effects), because the pivot is somewhat loose this is very easy to do and I tend to prefer using it in this way since having the bar in place can restrict some of my right hand movement when playing.

The Schaller floyld is excellent, the build quality is great, and it is much more stable than the JT580. I can really lean on the bridge and it won't budge. However, as a result of this stability much more effort has to be put into the bar to move the trem. The tuner springs sit right where I would put my fingers on the back of the JT580 to pull on it, these are quite sharp so I quickly got out of the habit of doing that

The Kahler is an entirely different animal, it feels more like a hardtail to play and is extremely stable. The bar although positioned between strings 1 and 2 is far enough back that I don't have to play around it like with the floyd. Mega plus is that restringing is a much easier job. One thing you need to watch with a Kahler is that you ALWAYS keep the locking nut locked. The use of a standard nut and a locker behind it was maybe ill advised. Using the trem with the nut not locked wears the nut grooves and thus the strings dig themselves closer to the frets with usage

On the Pony car stakes the Barracuda was actually available a few months before the Mustang, so Mother Mopar was the first to offer a pony car. Chevy only ever perfected how to make a car axle tramp instead of accelerate

Not that I am biased at all (cough.. Mopar, cough!)

Comment

Well I've used Floyds for years and i though they were great! Now I'll only probably only buy a Kahler equipped guitar! I've never had any problems with Keeping a Kahler in tune either! But they are MUCH more comfortable than any Floyd! The strings appear to pluck "softer," as well! not to mention more sustain too! I totally LOVE them! If it requires maintence, who cares! Doesn't everybody maintain their cars too??
                    I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                      I enjoy and use both trems. My point is that if you don't maintain either the Kahler or the OFR... the OFR will work better and longer.
                      Believe it or not... most players do NOT maintain their trems.
                      If you go with my opinion about that.. the OFR is the better trem because it works great even if it isn't maintained. Kahlers don't. You can't possibly argue about that. When a roller freezes up due to rust or corrosion you get breakage and tuning issues. I have had OFR's that had both rust and corrosion on them along with pittings and every other non-maintainance related issue and providing they were set up correctly on the guitar.. they continued to work great.
                      Agreed... but I don´t consider owner negligence a product issue. I consider it more a reason to bitchslap the owner than anything else

If people don´t wash their cars, they usually don´t complain about dirty windows. But if people don´t read the manual and follow directions on a trem out of pure laziness, it´s a problem with the trem?

Comment

Ive owned guitars with both and they both work great for me. I think its ironic that many feel that the only thing better than a real Floyd is the old Kahler Steeler trem.

Comment

I use both. Most people who use Kahlers use both, but Floyd users tend to stick solely with Floyds. In a way its like the Kahler is a 6 speed transmission and the Floyd is an auto. Those who use the 6 speed can drive both, but those who use the auto pretty much cant handle the 6 speed, or even know what they are doing with it. They will argue how the 6 speed sucks and is inferior, rather than learn to use both properly. Or maybe Kahler users just love guitar equipment regardless of whats on it, just let us play.............

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                            Three words.
                            "Original Floyd Rose"..OFR.
                            OFR is the only way to fly, anything else is a cheap imitation.
                            Kahler's suck bottomline.
                            The words of a person who probably hasn't tried anything else.

Quick everyone, jump on the bandwagon!! :ROTF:
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                              The words of a person who probably hasn't tried anything else.

i received my first kahler last year on a custom b.c. rich... since then, i'd never buy any guitar with a floyd rose again. never!

Comment

Whelp, since I don't yet have the dough to plop down on a new guitar and because I didn't wanna hafta go f'ing with my Rhoads, I decided to just replace my JT590 with a brand new Schaller Floyd. WOW! Talk about a friggin' amazing difference!!! HOLY CRAP! My guitar sounds SO much better now. It intonates beautifully, and sounds so much better overall. Not the quality of the sound, but just the tonality. HUGE difference! I am really, REALLY glad I did that, the new Ignitor album will sound so much better for it!

In the future, though, I am going to keep my eyes and mind open when it comes to trems. I messed around with some Kahlers too, and they're very cool. I wouldn't not buy a guitar just because it had one or the other. But if it had some cheap POS of any flavor I just wouldn't bother.

Which brings me to another thought.... Don't waste your money or your time on crap! Save your money, take a bit extra time, and get the REAL DEAL. Buy quality. You do get what you pay for and when you cut corners on costs for things, especially guitar gear, you also cut down the quality of what you can do with the instrument.

Just my $.03 (inflation)

Annah

Comment

Working...
                                X