What Gauge strings Do You use on your Floyd Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Gauge strings Do You use on your Floyd Gu

10-46 GHS Boomers on both mine. Three trem springs. My outer springs are angled in toward the claw too. I play 80's metal, and the occasional classic (late 60's/70's) rock. I've found that I really like standard "D" tuning on my Model 2, and my Soloist is tuned to "E" flat.

Comment

D'Addario 9-46, standard tuning, 3 springs (outer springs angled), P play mostly metal

Comment

9s on 25 1/2" scale guitars in standard tuning
        10s on 24 3/4" guitars, in standard
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I use d'addario 9s on E, 10s on Eb, 11s on D and 13s on C (this one is string thru though...).
          works good for me.
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            for those of you using 9's what style of music do you play... i play all kinds of music, from 80s rock to heavy metal like megadeth etc.. and found tens are good, but was thinking 9's with a floyd would be to light... bit alot fo you here use 9's with your floyed ... thanks for any info...

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're fresh strings, and streched out, properly, I don't have many issues. A little re-tune, here and there. I tend to put alot of stain on my strings, too. I used to use GHS Boomers, but over the past year or two, started using Ernie Ball, and have been conent, so far. Seem like I borke more Boomers than Balls! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

ok cools well i guess i will go back to 9s on my floyd, sounds like the floyd will stay stable with me playing the heavy stuff... if they can handle preist and anthrax then they can handle megadeth....lol..

thanks for all the info everyone...

Comment

9-42 in standard, 11-52 in C.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

GHS Boomers 10-46 on all of my guitars...just so happens they're all Floyds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

9-42 standards. 3 springs

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      9-42 standards. 3 springs

[/ QUOTE ]

buy the looks of your name i say you are a megadeth fan..... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Same string gauges I use for everything, DR Tite-Fit 12-52 in standard / Dropped D and GHS 7 string boomers 10-60 sans high e for D/ Dropped C

Comment

9's on all my guitars. Three springs tuned to Eb on some, standard on others. 'Been using boomers for as long as I've been playing and they seem fine.

Comment

...am I the only one who tunes down there floyds to b [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

D'Addario 13-56 Med Jazz 4 spring loaded (think about going 5 more more tension) on my jackson dinky pro standard..holds in tune incredeblie well for a licsend floyd rose (even after heavy whammy bar use [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Comment

One with 10-46 tuned to E
                              One with 9-42 tuned to E
                              One with 10-46 tuned to Eb
                              One with 9-42 tuned to Eb

All ernie ball
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

10-46 with 3 springs and a tremsetter

Comment

Working...
                                X