Neck Heel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neck Heel questions

More than likely, an end-result in the flat heel face. It MAY take some creative re-shaping, to bring it in to where you need it to be. If you feel inadequate at handling it, I recommend taking to a qualified Luthier.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Ok, i think i measured something wrong or didn't have the neck in all the way last time. Well i measured it again, its closer to 25, but still not it. Heres a pic i just took, sorry about the crappy quality.

Comment

Well, that's closer, but still no cigar. How about you keep measuring, until it finally reaches 25". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just kidding. It still looks like the flat face might be a stumbling block. If you re-shape the end of the neck, take baby steps, and re-measure, frequently. Looke like you are about 3/8" away, so stay away from the center of the neck's heel, and concentrate on the ends, slightly rounding them (keep the center as your farthest point, out), and measure, measure, measure. Good luck.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

ok, i'll try that out and get my dad to help me out. thanks!

Comment

Remember, baby steps.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Just to make sure, so that i don't mess anything up, this is where i start the measure from right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Just to make sure, so that i don't mess anything up, this is where i start the measure from right?

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yep [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Uh-yup. That be the place. Just got my Chandler Soloist body in, today. Already mocked up a junk neck, and checked out the measurement, like you. Came in, from nut-front, to floyd post-hole centerline, 25", on da money. Yeeha! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

where did you find the chandler soloist body? i've got two of them, and they're some of the best sounding guitars i own.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Found it, on Ebay, for a Buy It Now, of $56.00. Oh, I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it, as this is my first FULL guitar project, and I'm sure I'll have questions! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Looks pretty good, thus far. A tad rough. Still has some of the original, yellow paint, around the horns, and the jack hole (I said "Jack hole". huh huh huh.), is kinda ratty looking, but I think it'll clean up, nicely. Tossing around a few paint schemes, right now.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Awesome man, sounds like you got a good deal. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks. Hope I don't need too MUCH luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If I ever figure it out, I'll post a few pics (I'm a newb, here). Sorry I hi-jacked your thread, Priz.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

haha i'm a newb too, it'd actually be cool if you post some stuff. What are your plans for it?

Comment

Well, it is a 22 fret, single-hum, floyd-route body (top mount), so I'm thinking 22 fret, strathead, maple neck, maybe solid white, siberian tiger (very subtle, light grey stripes on white), or, since back in the 90s, I had a Jackson Dinky, in Fleckstone finish, maybe doing it, in that. I want something not TOO flashy. Subtlety, to me, is the key. Yeah, I'm still a metalhead, at heart, but my hair fell out a long time ago (sniff).
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

I don't know what some of that stuff is, but it sounds really nice, i especially like the siberian tiger stripes.

Well i sanded down just a little on the neck, and theres still about a 3mm gap between the center of the pocket with the center of the heel, but the actual length from the nut to the studs is still about the same. You think i should just keep going even if there is just a 3mm gap?

Comment

Working...
                                X