Fun with Bondo!! ...Rhoads project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fun with Bondo!! ...Rhoads project

I'm so good, I correct the Correctors [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, this is interesting: RacerX meets Racerx2k. Wassup, my brotha! LOL.

Hey, MM. Question still stands: Since I am down to bare wood, would I use Evercoat's Formula 27, instead of the type you used, since Formula 27 is good with wood, whereas their site says nothing about compatibility with bare wood on the other stuff.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

Its RHOADS!!!!!!!!!!! Just a heads up

[/ QUOTE ]

It's It's!!! Just a heads up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

IT'S!!! not as bad as spelling rhoads wrong [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've traveled down many roads while listening to Rhoads. If only I'd learned to play a Rhodes.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yikes! that thing is badass! You did a fine job =)

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I've always dreamed of filling the gaping trem hole in my KV3 and turning it into a fixed bridge. I like the trans red finish, but after seeing your project, I'm not so attached anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy Jeff, who I think you met at the SA show at Jaxx, is really good at doing this sort of thing. If you're ever interested in doing it, let me know.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Well, this is interesting: RacerX meets Racerx2k. Wassup, my brotha! LOL.

Hey, MM. Question still stands: Since I am down to bare wood, would I use Evercoat's Formula 27, instead of the type you used, since Formula 27 is good with wood, whereas their site says nothing about compatibility with bare wood on the other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, first off, I'm pretty sure you aren't Rons brother! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Secondly, I didn't forget about your question, I just had to think about it a little while. I've decided the answer is no.

Comment

Wow, I'm kinda surprised, since one was good with wood, and the other said nothing about wood. Then again, it IS poly filler, and if Bondo is okay, then I guess the Evercoat is, too. Thanks.
                  Ron is my brotha, from anotha motha. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Hey Mark, what about ebonizing the fretboard? Seems a shame not to have a nice black fretboard on that Rhoads. Also, I really really want to see a detailed step by step with pictures, uh, thingie. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i think you should mapleize it instead.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I could do it either way! Did you all forget about these products? They work great.

Comment

yep. and they help with the crow's feet and frown lines, too!
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

How good is the rosewood to maple, really? Dark to light is normally an issue on anything. And HOW exactly do these work, as I'm not familiar with them.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                How good is the rosewood to maple, really? Dark to light is normally an issue on anything. And HOW exactly do these work, as I'm not familiar with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll let Sully answer this one. He's a little more experienced than I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X