Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size/gauge of strings do U use and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What size/gauge of strings do U use and Why?

the guitars i like and always have played were set up to fly on with 9's cuz i'm a pussy.
    i don't break 'em often at all, and i've got big hands , you'd think i would use heavier gauges but 9's are the show for me. boomers, ernie's, d'addario's, anything in 9's.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

10s.
      Was a Boomer user (still like them) but Steve (Severed Serenity Steve) turned me onto D'Addarios and Paul sent me a bunch... so I'm using those now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I like thems too! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I use 8's from Ernie Ball it's easier to change my tone with them useing all the digitech stuff I've been thru all these years. Sometimes I use 12's depends on what i'm going for.
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

I've been using D'Addario's 9-46s (E/Eb tuning) for years. I also tried 8-38s - too thin.
          When I tune to Eb I don't like the fret buzz, so I switched back to E. I'll probably try 10-46s because I'd love to have a bit "stronger" sound on the treble side. It just takes adjusting to it. That was electric.

On the accustic I use as thick as it (and I) could go. It/I could handle up to 13-56 (somewhat downtuned). D'Addario Phosphor Bronze.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I use 9-42 on strat scales and 10-46 on LP scales. Everthing is tuned E at A440.

[/ QUOTE ]
            pretty much the same.

Although I do have one guitar strung with 11s, down a halfstep. And another with 9s down a half, just to see how I like it. Both are 25 1/2". For some reason I've never liked downtuning short scale guitars.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X