Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wierd intonation problem HELP!

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW... you ask for the measurement from the center of the 12th fret to the center of the fulcrum bolt on my 24.75 USA warrior...it is 11 13/16ths

[/ QUOTE ]

Man this is getting stranger and stranger. That is exactly what I get. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] So if the the measurment from the nut to the 12th is correct and the measurement from the 12th to the posts is correct, How the hell can the proper intonation be set so far back on the Floyd! It's not just me either. I haven't touched the saddles and they are all set back on the second or third screw hole. The last tech to do a setup on this guitar had it set back that far.

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      BTW... you ask for the measurement from the center of the 12th fret to the center of the fulcrum bolt on my 24.75 USA warrior...it is 11 13/16ths

[/ QUOTE ]

Man this is getting stranger and stranger. That is exactly what I get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiouser and curiouser.

Although I'm no luthier, this seems to imply that Jackson positioned the floyd posts correctly (or what they thought to be correct) on the short scale dinky.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Curiouser and curiouser.

Although I'm no luthier, this seems to imply that Jackson positioned the floyd posts correctly (or what they thought to be correct) on the short scale dinky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I have to tinker some more.

This is almost fun!
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Maybe there's something fucked up with the saddles themselves such that the point of contact between the saddles and the strings are too far forward.

E.g. if you lowered the floyd and loosened the fine tuners all the way, that would pitch the saddles forward...potentially making the point of contact between the strings and the saddle further back on the saddle and thus lengthening the scale a tad.

Yes, this qualifies as a SWAG (some wild ass guess). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Jim -
            I'll take it off your hands for you ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Seriously - good luck - as I said when you got her - she's a beaut !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              The neck shrank, that's the only explanation. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">It was in the pool!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
              Shrinkage! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X