Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heavier string gauges...

[ QUOTE ]
    I normally play 12-52 on my guitars tuned to C, but I also have a guitar strung 12-52 that I've been keeping tuned up to E. You know what, I really like it!! The stiff strings are THERE when you dig into them. They have more output, and better attack. I feel like I can play faster on them since they stay in place when you pick them better. I can still do bends no problem(maybe because I play guitars almost every day for hours). I really like the way the heavier strings feel tuned to E!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Welcome to the world of men with good, strong hands. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I´ve been playing 12-52 in standard and 13-60 on C for about 5 years now, sometimes I like lighter strings to just go totally nuts, but not on one of my axes [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I go back and forth between 10's and 11's on my electrics, depending on the guitar. I usually tune to 440. I flirted with 12's, I didn't hear much tone difference, and they were just too stiff, so I went back to 11's.
      I haven't played 9's in 15 years.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Lex, you have the coolest screen name ever! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I haven't played on 009s in ages either, and I've also found that different guitars may need different gauge strings. My Rhoads rocks with 010-052, but I think I'll go down a notch on the model 6, to 010-046 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
        X