No announcement yet.

Your biggest setup pet peeve is....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your biggest setup pet peeve is....?

Bringing a guitar into a tech for an intonation ONLY, explicitly requesting that they NOT change anything else on the guitar, and having him completely f**k with your perfect-to-your-preferences set-up anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

"Well, we charge a flat fee for a complete set-up and intonation, so I did you a favor by doing it all." Well, no d**kwad, you didn't! That's why I told you not to, and you obviously didn't listen to my instructions. Now it's going to take X number of hours to get the guitar's set-up back to my preferences, instead of YOUR'S. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

...Have I mentioned that I have yet to find a decent tech in my area? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Damn! That board looks drier than Oprah's ashy elbows. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turned out OK:

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say! now level them frets! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Damn! That board looks drier than Oprah's ashy elbows. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turned out OK:

[/ QUOTE ]

"OK" my ass [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], that looks incredible! Helluva touch ya got there. Great job YAO! And that grain looks really tight. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I hate it when the ball end is stuck through the tuner and there is a billion wraps around the post. It just looks shoddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do exactly that for 1 main reason. Usually when I break a string on one of my Floyds it is at the bridge. With the extra wraps on the tuners I can go cheap when I break a string and just unlock the nut, unwrap some string and lock it back down on the floyd and I am GOOD TO GO!!! Especially for my guitars that get played all the time at home. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I wrap as much as I can. I'm also from the school of the added string mass is good for tone of the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hate when people don't trim the excess string off at the headstock and it looks like a fukkin angry porcupine up there [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

i can't do them myself! (yet) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I hate it when the ball end is stuck through the tuner and there is a billion wraps around the post. It just looks shoddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do exactly that for 1 main reason. Usually when I break a string on one of my Floyds it is at the bridge. With the extra wraps on the tuners I can go cheap when I break a string and just unlock the nut, unwrap some string and lock it back down on the floyd and I am GOOD TO GO!!! Especially for my guitars that get played all the time at home. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I wrap as much as I can. I'm also from the school of the added string mass is good for tone of the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hate when people don't trim the excess string off at the headstock and it looks like a fukkin angry porcupine up there [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              You don't like the harmonic overtones provided by the sympathetic vibrations of all that excess string, Shawn? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                On bolt ons when the shim is removed and the bridge is screwed so far down the rocking action of the bridge is impaired. Some people just don't get what a shim is all about.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i'd say! now level them frets! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, needs it but I'm not feeling that lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I hate seeing a beautiful guitar not looked after properly. When I got my Fusion, it was in a terrible state.. cleaned up beautifully though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

* Strings backwards / Ball ends on tuning pegs
                      * When the screws for the truss rod cover are exactly under the string(s)
                      * Dirty fretboard [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] @ that pic

Comment

well at the present moment, its a bolt on neck that has been glued into the pocket.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

what freakin dork would do this to a perfectly fine, non shifting neck? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          well at the present moment, its a bolt on neck that has been glued into the pocket.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

what freakin dork would do this to a perfectly fine, non shifting neck? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Ritchie Blackmore [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

its not a big deal, but it bothers the hell out of me when people put the blocks on a locking nut sideways!! they're designed to work a certain way dammit!!

Comment

ahh yeah, that is true, Blackmore did do that didn't he.
                              He walks on his strats and then smashes them too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1!!!!!
                                This has saved my butt dozens of times. My record is about 45 seconds.
                                Unlock - unlock - unwrap/pull - lock - tune - lock - fine tune.
                                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                                X