No announcement yet.

Your biggest setup pet peeve is....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your biggest setup pet peeve is....?

<font color="aqua">I like it! there's still plenty of life on those strings too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I realize that some people sweat more and may have more acidic sweat, but I hate rust on hardware. Unless you are professional contantly touring musician, there is no excuse for this. Wipe it down! I keep a towel in all (well most) of my cases.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

On bolt ons when the shim is removed and the bridge is screwed so far down the rocking action of the bridge is impaired. Some people just don't get what a shim is all about.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          3-way toggles that are set to switch straight up and down instead of at a more practical/comfortable angle! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          That annoys me, too!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Necks with the truss rod adjustment at the heel. Who wants to take the friggin' neck off when they need to do an adjustment?!?

Comment

how about when people leave as much excess string on the tuners(balls or not) and wrap the strings together in a bunch.and while we are at it who in the hell said it was ok for bass players to wear old strings as bracelets?
              www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Not really a setup issue per se but my biggest pet peeve is people who have absolutely no idea how to care for their guitars and are too cheap to pay for proper maintenance. E.g.:

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! That board looks drier than Oprah's ashy elbows. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

You mean they're not supposed to look like that? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Toe - Yeah, the whole take-off-the-neck-to-adjust-the-neck is a dumb idea. What gets me is the Gotoh side-adjust system that some Warmoth necks have - they tell you NOT to adjust it when the strings are tight [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                  And just how in the hell else are you supposed to set the rod!? Guesswork? Scientific formulae? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Damn! That board looks drier than Oprah's ashy elbows. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turned out OK:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Necks with the truss rod adjustment at the heel. Who wants to take the friggin' neck off when they need to do an adjustment?!?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Agree 100%...This was a dumb idea! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

YAO- that board looks sweet clean! lol.

Comment

Thanks Kory! Took a while though. You can salvage most anything that's physically intact.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Fender is one of the worst about this.

It works well on an acoustic, though, since you have that entire soundhole for using the wrench.
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand why they'd still make guitars like this. Most newer models they do it at the headstock, but certain relics or reissues or whatever they're still doing at the heel.

Comment

Older guitars with vibratos where the tailpiece is so high that you can't lower the bridge without actually being completely UNDERNEATH the path of the strings.

Basically any guitar that's bridge adjustment won't let the strings within 1/8" of the fretboard high on the neck. Usually found in 70's dirt cheap imports and acoustics.

Comment

Working...
                                X