First time restrining a Floyd. Guess what? Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First time restrining a Floyd. Guess what? Pro

I would do it but I can't afford it... I would in a heartbeat otherwise.
    I want to learn how to take care of my gear at the same time as learning how to play as well. I think it's part of appreciating the instrument to its fullest. I want to know about music and about my instrument as well, though I do agree with the fact that playing is what matters much.
    I'm also perfectly happy with the gauge right now. If the tech doesn't tell me anything for free, I'll change back to the D'addarios and see if the buzz stop. Thanks for your input!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I would do it but I can't afford it... I would in a heartbeat otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I appreciate you wanting to do the work yourself, become one with the instrument through learning how to maintain the guitar yourself, and all that zen-like good stuff. But I think given your newness to the instrument, you would be far better off taking it to a tech and, as someone has already suggested, having the tech show all the bits & bobs you should be looking at when maintaining your guitar.

If you're strapped for cash, stick with your 40 watt Peavey & POD 2.0 insteading of shelling out for a tube amp. Have you heard the sounds Pete (and many others in the mp3 section) get out of their PODS? For the volumes you want to play at, you'd be better served with modelling gear (which you already have) and a guitar that plays well (which you could have if you spent the money on a good setup)
      Hail yesterday

Comment

+1
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

+2
          I use V-amp2 at home. It always sounds great.

Comment

haha no the amp thing won't be for a loooong time, but I can't focus on any long term savings unless I know what I want before hand, it's a weird thing about me. I'm done with guitar gear until I can play eruption, that's my set goal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I haven't even tried it yet, right now I'm focusing on scales, chord theory and practise, rythm stuff and basic legato practises. I never had a teacher so it goes a bit slower than I'd wish but I'm doing ok for a 3 monther.

Comment

Keep practicing bro..

Comment

hehe I do everyday, but you will agree that a buzz is a turn off. I can hear and feel it at room level, and I live in a hall of accomodation so I can't crank it up unfortunately. I do play quite a bit though but yeah...

Comment

Alright... I couldn't take measurements so I did it the simple way. I can NOT slide a .60 pick under the 7th and 9th (well any frets for that matter) with standard tuning, fretting the 1st and 18th (where the neck first touches the body) frets. I've been told that I definitely need to loosen the neck. I tried with a business card too and it didn't slide under.
                  Verdict...?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Verdict...?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Take. It. To. A. Tech.
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

No. Money. For. A. Tech [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry I couldn't resist... I did it twice already and for how much I paid, I'd much rather do it myself if I'm sure I can make it. That's why I ask so many questions hehe...

Comment

Working...
                      X