Clear All

Re: recessed vs non-recressed Floyd Rose tremolo

A folded 100 dollar bill would fit too.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Or a wad of toilet paper. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        but i think a few layers of construction paper will do the trick better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to raid the kids' arts & crafts bin. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Does anyone know if you can put a recessed floyd on a neck thru with non-recessed floyd? E.G.. Charvel Model 5.

Thx

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Does anyone know if you can put a recessed floyd on a neck thru with non-recessed floyd? E.G.. Charvel Model 5.

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Huh [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Do you mean can you install a Floyd that was made for a recessed trem into a guitar that is surface mounted [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

If that is your question, the answer is no, not without changing the string block under the trem. They are different lengths. But, I hear it is easy to change out the blocks.

If that wasn't your question, I dunno what you mean bro [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

Actually what I am interested in doing is routing my model 5 for a floyd rose lo-pro. However I have seen on here people mentioning that the necks are more slanted back on the non-recessed guitars. E.G... Model 5. My concern is... I do not want to route it for the trem and find out it wont work due to the neck... Being neck-thru.... would be kind of a bummer.

Sorry for being un-clear.

Thanks,
              Ronnie

Comment

A Floyd Rose Pro is just a low-profile Floyd with the fine tuners on top. No routing is involved and you can put one on your guitar... you'll just need to make sure the sustain block on it is 42mm for the non-recessed body instead of 32mm on a recessed one.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to rout one though?

@Toejam: Are you near Bayville, NJ?

Comment

Working...
                  X