• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    Obituary.
    Well, there's one....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

It's been a while since I sold guitars to the public (17 years) when I did so for 12 years and sold a lot of them during that time. A lot of customers used tone controls back then. Ya gotta consider the style of music being played. A lot of folks here play metal, rock, etc. and don't touch controls if they have them. I don't have them any of my "metal" guitars but I do have them on my more vintage style instruments (LP, Strat, and Tele) and I do use the tone controls on those guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
        It's been a while since I sold guitars to the public (17 years) when I did so for 12 years and sold a lot of them during that time. A lot of customers used tone controls back then. Ya gotta consider the style of music being played. A lot of folks here play metal, rock, etc. and don't touch controls if they have them. I don't have them any of my "metal" guitars but I do have them on my more vintage style instruments (LP, Strat, and Tele) and I do use the tone controls on those guitars.
        +1. Right on the money. If playing metal and/or with a lot of gain, then it doesn't matter as much. The amp is a HUGE part of that sound and the nuances of a guitar and its settings can get lost in all of it.

But when playing cleaner and more subdued styles, the worth of a tone control becomes a lot greater.
        Last edited by Chad; 06-26-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I mean, I'm not suggesting they ditch the tone on strats, tele's or LP's, etc. I am suggesting, there's a lot of guitars manufactured with tone controls unnecessarily AND, if they were more in touch with their customer base, that would be clear. In fairness, this happens to many large corporations. Its like a huge ship, and they don't turn on a dime. Changing direction takes a long time....too long in many cases.
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Yeah! Well this one time, at band camp..................
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

A Tone knob and Tone from your fingers are in no way related. Period.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hence why I like Charvel Model 5A's so much. 1 humbucker and a volume knob, that's it. Dave Mustaine had his guitars wired without the tone knobs. I bought a Dean V from Virus of Dope/Device that was his main touring guitar and it showed up with only the bridge EMG and 1 volume wired up. I can tell the difference. Remove all the extra electronics and the true tone of the pickup comes through better.

Comment

Working...
                X