Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to really dislike locking trems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
    I like the feel of the 2700. It feels sleeker under the palm and yet more solid at the same time. Also, to my ears the tone from my guitar equipped with the 2700 seems to be "fuller" than any of my bud's Floyd equipped gits. Granted that it is pretty tough to narrow the difference in tone to the difference in trems, but I think that the solid mass of the 2700 (its at least a 1/4lb heavier than any of his Floyd Roses) really does attribute to that full sound I hear that I hear from the 2700 equipped guitar that I do not get from any of the Floyded ones.

And yes, it is a licensed copy of the FR. But so is the original Ibby Edge trem and that is another one I would put up against any FR
    +1 The original edge is top notch in every way. I have it on 4 of my old Ibanez RG's and it is a very solid unit.
    Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
      Arse I started as a prejudice hater. But my Slime Green Pro Mod with 3 stiff springs can deliver as much raw power and tone as any 1974 Les Paul Custom....almost. I do dislike recessed floyds, but only because they are usually set up with loose springs and I prefer a higher bridge height, although apart from Strats..so erm....that is probably psychosomatic too. I don't know, but can't get on with them spiritually or physically. Feels all wrong to me. As for set ups being slower. Arse. No way in the world, apart from intonation which is a single deal, you just haven't had enough practice.
      +1 I have no problem setting a Floyd up. I can do a restring in 10 minutes and I can do intonation in about 25 mins. I have been using Floyd's since 1984 though. EDIT; I did however forget to mention I don't cut the ball ends off of my strings. I string backwards and cut the strings less than an inch longer than needed. I find this saves time cranking the tuning pegs and gets the guitar to pitch much faster than the traditional technique.
      Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-03-2014, 09:15 PM.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X