Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Graph Tech Floyd Rose Bridge Saddles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find if you turn the allen wrench the opposite way, and use the short side as the handle you will never break a saddle. I make them as tight as i can that way, turn the wrench the normal way and add 1/8 turn and its good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
      That's how they look now, Joe; those are identical to the ones I just installed.
      I actually haven't looked at mine in a few years. I just dug out a cracked one and took some pics. They don't look shiny or metal-ish.
      GT1.jpg
      GT2.jpg
      GT3.jpg
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah those are plastic all the way. And likely why they changed to metal saddles with the pads.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I believe that's a previous design; I promise that the ones I installed are like the pic xeno posted. I'll post a shot when I get home.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Interesting. It definitely was like the first year they came out that I got them. I hadn't kept up with what they were doing, but I knew they made a metal version with the piezos installed. Guess somewhere along the line they upgraded the regular version to metal.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if those are piezos or graphite pads in a metal saddle. The pictures you posted the saddles are definitely graphite or ABS or something non-metallic.

I have no clue about Graphtech at all. I know their non-floyd saddles are still not metal, but I thought the floyd saddles were. /shrug

In any event, the Gotoh's are still superior in my book. Graphtech Floyds still suffer the main problems that plague normal OFRs, while updating something that doesn't necessarily need fixing, IMO.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The plot thickens!

Xeno, you should definitely check out the Ibanez Edge Zero if you haven't already - i think it's the most superior floating tremelo design on the market, so well thought-out and brilliantly designed.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                X