Poll: do you use strap locks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
    Whoa, what part came apart? I'm asking b/c I use Schallers and don't want that happening to me! Sometimes I find it a real pain to screw on the tab that goes on the strap end, especially if it's a thicker piece of leather. Sometimes I need a set of vice grips to press the leather enough to start the screw, but then I use 2 wrenches and tighten that bugger on there so nothin takes it off.
    it was the part that goes on the strap. funnily enough, i was using a leather strap - one of those '80s ones white the white lighting bolt on it (hey, it WAS 1988!!) - and i didn't notice that the piece on the bottom/back was loose....i was moving around a lot at band practice, and off it came!!! from then on i did what you do, i cranked the shit out of it. but i just never really trusted them again.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I never used a condom in my life either...EVER!!!

No chips, dings, scratches, bumps on any of my geetars or PP!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have them on every guitar I own (Dunlops on my strat, Marvels on everything else). But I, like Dalytek, only play sitting down. But as soon as I want to stand up.... Ya know, preparation is the key..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

cheap bread wrapper plastic clips work great. I've used those on streched out, reamed holed leather straps....with a HEAVY G&L bass..live.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Of course, can't do the Yngwie twist without 'em... but once the screw came out of the body and the guitar smashed on the stage but I instantly stepped on the guitar and was waving to the crowd like it was suppose to happen.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Dunlops on all guitars the minute they are purchased.

Worth its weight in gold if you ask me!

Comment

I do Dunlops on every guitar too.
                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Dropped my Charvel once, in 1988, Schaller ever since. I tried a set from Pro Rock Gear, they look the same. So far so good. It's the second thing I do, after string change and setup. But I also glue the screws in place, I've seen them back/strip out, just for the added security.
                  Last edited by Scooter; 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM. Reason: Run on sentence
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    the dimarzio clip lok strap screws into the body. it works the same and is even safer than the strap locks. i had a schaller pair come apart once and my guitar fell. i caught it in time. i have used the dimarzio ever since.
                    I used Dimarzio cliplock once, untill a few weeks after purchase, when I was just about to hang the guitar on me
                    I suddenly had my guitar 'hanging' in my left hand and noticed one of the clips had broken, it still 'clicked' closed, but the moment there was a little force put on it, it would twist open and disconnect

Using schallers ever since then
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

hahaha, i guess nothing is fool proof!!! the dimarzio strap has always suited me, the schallers, you. good thing we all live in a world where there is product variety!!!!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Naw...

Comment

I use those Grolsh red washers from the beer bottles. Never had a problem and they're free. I wont play without those on my guitar unless Im at home sitting down playing.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                            the dimarzio clip lok strap screws into the body. it works the same and is even safer than the strap locks. i had a schaller pair come apart once and my guitar fell. i caught it in time. i have used the dimarzio ever since.
                            The design of the Schallers is weak, they can 'unscrew' themselves and dump your guitar! That's why I only use Dunlops(and keep extras on hand just like string(but I'm done buying guitars for a bit)).
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                              I use those Grolsh red washers from the beer bottles. Never had a problem and they're free. I wont play without those on my guitar unless Im at home sitting down playing.
                              uh.........how do those work?? I am trying to imagine their function.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Schallers on all my guitars.

Comment

Working...
                                X