No announcement yet.

New Pickups for Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, got the pups installed. I will be able to test them out when I get home tonight. Couple of questions though...

I ordered white pup rings from Dimarzio, but they are way too thick for the DK2M. Where can I get a set of the correct pup rings in white?

Also, this might be a stupid question, but the pups came with allen wrenches that fit the "holes" on top of the pups. What are they for? Why would you mess with the allen screws on a pickup?

oh yeah, and there was aready a cap in place on the volume pot. Anyone else ever see this on a new guitar?

Comment

I've never seen a guitar with a Tone pot that didn't have a capacitor already on it (whether between the Vol and Tone or grounded to the Tone alone).

And you can tweak the poles of a pickup similar to the sliders on an EQ. Lower the body of the pickup and raise the poles under a given string to accentuate that string (and the frequencies it works with) a little more than the others.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X