No announcement yet.

Is this normal? Floyd Rose Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... It's your dime, but, I'd be pushing for a refund.

Comment

Well for the imports you are probably correct. For the USA models and the customs though, yeah for sure a large majority of the stores do their own photography. You can see how Music Zoo, Guitar Asylum, Drum City, most of the Ebay stores, etc, have pics up of the usa/custom Jacksons that are obviously done by them. They almost always set it up as well. The 7 was set up for 9s when I bought it, and was sent with 10s. It was intonated, so obviously someone did really check it out and adjust it before shipping.

Drum City made the mistake of sending this one out with obvious flaws. Whether or not the people in charge of the store truly noticed the flaws is debatable. The set up guys might be the only ones who really look at the guitars, and with their probably very busy schedules I can sort of understand if they just set it up to get the job done and don't mention flaws to their boss.

Overall though, the quality control at Jackson itself should be better. Dealers, just like us players, are expecting the guitar to be free of major flaws when they buy it for several grand to resell. This guitar should not have left the factory, and it seems their are quite a few other cases that are similar to this, so it seems to be quite the common issue.

I'm not real happy with the outcome of this, but I'm sure as hell happy that I'm rid of this guitar. Even if I have to buy something that I don't necessariy want, at least I can sell that item if I grow sick of it. With this thing, I would've been stuck with it forever unless I wanted to pull one over on someone, which I wouldn't ever do.
      My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
        The set up guys might be the only ones who really look at the guitars, and with their probably very busy schedules I can sort of understand if they just set it up to get the job done and don't mention flaws to their boss.
        Would you say the same thing about the guys who pack the parachutes as well?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Good point lol. I would expect that the guys who pack parachutes are a little more serious about their jobs though then a guy who is stuck setting up guitars.

You are right though- the set up guys should be expected to do their job to high standards.

Guitar store employees aren't necessarily the best workers...I'm sure there are some guys who really take their jobs seriously and do their best, but if you ever walk into Guitar Center you know that the majority do not.
          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

I'm saddened by this, man. I hope that these issues get Jackson to take notice. They won't be around for long if they become known for hit-or-miss quality.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              They won't be around for long if they become known for hit-or-miss quality.
              Good one!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Good one!
                :think:

I don't get it... Are you saying they already are known for hit-or-miss quality? I didn't think they were...

Comment

Working...
                X