No announcement yet.

Is this normal? Floyd Rose Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the pics, and like I said, if you want your floyd flush, you need to screw the claw in more tightly. This will level it out pretty quickly.

Won't fix the other issues.

Comment

This is the absolute highest the trem can go man. Action is already very high with the trem THAT low. The issue is the fretboard for sure. If the fretboard was even, I could make the floyd flush and the action would be normal.
      My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        So uhhhhh.... Are NAMM guitars becoming more like show cars? All show and no go?
        I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here, if not in general. It's a beautiful guitar, but anyone spending any time with it in their hands would notice this problem right away.

They might have even said "send it for a showpiece - nobody's gonna buy it like that and if they mention the problems, just tell them they'd be dealt with in an actual CS piece".

Store credit is fine, but it seems if you really wanted that guitar, but a functional version, Jackson should make it right under warranty by redoing the fretboard, or building you another if that one can't be made functional.

Then again I recall you saying on the other thread you were done with 7s until you saw this one, so maybe it's just left a bad taste in your mouth now. That's understandable too.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I would send it back to Jackson and have them fix it end of story.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            Store credit is fine, but it seems if you really wanted that guitar, but a functional version, Jackson should make it right under warranty by redoing the fretboard, or building you another if that one can't be made functional.
            I really want this guitar, but I don't want to be stuck in the position of getting it fixed if I don't have to. I would rather just get my money back any way I can, if store credit is the best possible then I'll take it. I didn't pay so much for the guitar to have to send it back to Jackson and wait for who knows how long to get it back, and who knows if they really would completely fix the issue or not. Would rather forgive and forget at this point.
            My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
              I really want this guitar, but I don't want to be stuck in the position of getting it fixed if I don't have to. I would rather just get my money back any way I can, if store credit is the best possible then I'll take it. I didn't pay so much for the guitar to have to send it back to Jackson and wait for who knows how long to get it back, and who knows if they really would completely fix the issue or not. Would rather forgive and forget at this point.
              Well, if you can spend the store credit with something you REALLY want, then that's fine. If you have to find stuff to buy to get to the amount, then they come up with tax issues, which you already paid......

I would not be comfortable with the store credit solution unless they have something NOW that I could thoroughly try, and inspect, before I took it home. Let 3 months go by and then nobody remembers, it's a PITA, whatever... or you drive up one day and the store is gone!

Happens every day in this economy. So I'd pick out some stuff right away, or lobby for my money back. If you sit on it, don't cry if you go to make a deal later on and get shafted to some point. It's happened here with people who were VERY reputable dealers... right up until they weren't, anymore.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, if you can spend the store credit with something you REALLY want, then that's fine. If you have to find stuff to buy to get to the amount, then they come up with tax issues, which you already paid......

I would not be comfortable with the store credit solution unless they have something NOW that I could thoroughly try, and inspect, before I took it home. Let 3 months go by and then nobody remembers, it's a PITA, whatever... or you drive up one day and the store is gone!

Happens every day in this economy. So I'd pick out some stuff right away, or lobby for my money back. If you sit on it, don't cry if you go to make a deal later on and get shafted to some point. It's happened here with people who were VERY reputable dealers... right up until they weren't, anymore.
                I bought the guitar online, so no tax. They agreed to ship the next thing I buy for free to offset the return shipping costs.

I definately understand what you are sayin though...I will need to make sure that I have some sort of proof of the transaction. I'm still working on getting my money back actually, but as of now they seem to only be offering credit. Drum City is a huge store, and I will be sure to use the credit as soon as they get something in stock I want if I end up stuck with credit. They get custom ESP and Jacksons quite often, so I don't think it will take me that long to find something I want

Either way, as long as I am rid of the massive headache that this guitar has provided, I am happy of the outcome of this.

Comment

That kind of sucks that you can only get store credit. This was not a run of the mill production priced guitar. I can see credit if it was your typical select series, but not a custom shop. That would be like buying a Ferrari with problems and having the dealer tell you you can pick anything else from the lot, but all he had was mustangs, camaros, and chargers. Nice car in their own rights, but not in the same league of the car you had purchased. Hope you find something to truly satsify yourself.

Comment

So uhhhhh.... Are NAMM guitars becoming more like show cars? All show and no go?
                    Judging by the Shannon 1st 5 RR I just got... i can only assume they built it thinking someone was going to hang it on a wall & never touch it again
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                      Judging by the Shannon 1st 5 RR I just got... i can only assume they built it thinking someone was going to hang it on a wall & never touch it again
                      Then you know what's even sadder? The dealers that buy these things should be ashamed of themselves. They should be inspecting every piece they get in and when something ain't right, packing it up and shipping it right back to J/C-FMIC. Instead, they are passing them off to the customer hoping the customer is too much of an idiot to notice these manufacturing defects.

They should be ashamed to have a defective guitar on their wall, no matter how pretty or exclusive it is.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

I bought the guitar online, so no tax. They agreed to ship the next thing I buy for free to offset the return shipping costs.

I definately understand what you are sayin though...I will need to make sure that I have some sort of proof of the transaction. I'm still working on getting my money back actually, but as of now they seem to only be offering credit. Drum City is a huge store, and I will be sure to use the credit as soon as they get something in stock I want if I end up stuck with credit. They get custom ESP and Jacksons quite often, so I don't think it will take me that long to find something I want

Either way, as long as I am rid of the massive headache that this guitar has provided, I am happy of the outcome of this.
                        Mars Music was a huge CHAIN of stores - until they disappeared abruptly. Not saying this is gonna happen to Drum City, just saying, if you DO end up trying to get your money back out of a bankruptcy court, you'd be lucky to get 2 cents on the dollar - IF you were one of the first in line.

If I were you, I'd pick out some stuff that I could deal with having, and close the deal fast. Preferably used stuff so if you decide to resell it, you don't lose your ass. And don't be surprised if your store credit is less for buying used gear than it is for new.

Really just saying, don't be complacent, man. Or if you are, and end up holding the bag, don't say you weren't warned. The economy is tough and businesses are going down every day. I would be very uneasy already that they are not willing to give a cash refund. If it's store credit then, I'd use it ASAP.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Then you know what's even sadder? The dealers that buy these things should be ashamed of themselves. They should be inspecting every piece they get in and when something ain't right, packing it up and shipping it right back to J/C-FMIC. Instead, they are passing them off to the customer hoping the customer is too much of an idiot to notice these manufacturing defects.

They should be ashamed to have a defective guitar on their wall, no matter how pretty or exclusive it is.
                          I doubt they ever open the box to look at it. They're sold and shipped based on the pics and nobody from the manufacturer up to the end user wants to know about any problems. They want to get that money into their system and if there are problems, deal with it in any other way than a monetary refund.

If they don't open the box, they can truthfully say they didn't know there was a problem.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If they don't open the box, they can truthfully say they didn't know there was a problem.
                            I know this is reality, but I still think its pretty shameful. I mean, at that point, a small "local" retailer is no better than a big box store like Musician's Friend. How many TV's do you think get returned to Best Buy for "manufacturing defects" in comparison to Jacksons? Hell - just in the past couple of months there've been a few on this board alone.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Most stores DO open the box actually...how do you think that Drum City had pics of mine in front of their classic brick wall? Nearly every store opens the box, checks the guitar, and then repacks it again.

Hell, Drum City even gave me a setup on mine, yet still didn't notice the issue supposedly

Comment

Most stores DO open the box actually...how do you think that Drum City had pics of mine in front of their classic brick wall? Nearly every store opens the box, checks the guitar, and then repacks it again.

Hell, Drum City even gave me a setup on mine, yet still didn't notice the issue supposedly
                                Ever hear of Photoshop? Well, you're probably right and I doubt they went to the trouble of Photoshopping - but that really just makes it worse if they claim to have done a setup and missed a glaring problem like this!

As for the "nearly every store opens the box", where do you get that kinda-sorta statistic from? Pretty sure AMS never opened the boxes my DK-2s came in. I realize that's the opposite end of the spectrum from a CS piece, but again - if they DO check it and still miss something bad like this, then what is their professional setup service worth?

And if they checked it, caught it, and sent it on to you anyway, then they were either hoping YOU wouldn't notice, or wanting more time to elapse so they could hang onto your money and justify a store credit refund rather than giving you your money or credit card balance back.

Neither scenario reassures me, no offense... but it's your deal, my friend.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X