Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzz Feiten tuning system...... was it a fad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    Ok, that's the other one I was thinking of besides the korg dt-7. Still big bucks for a tuner.
    I won't disagree about the tuner being expensive but I am of the opinion that every guitarist should own at least 1 strobe tuner to use when setting intonation.

Comment

I have a peterson virtual strobe tuner and I like it alot. I do have a BOSS pedal tuner for stage use which is excellent for that. but for at home, the peterson is much more accurate and its great for intonation setting. certainly worth the money IMO. but for quick stage tuning, you cant beat the BOSS pedal tuner. its easy to read on stage in dim lighting, and its accurate. I have seen numerous pro guitar techs use these on stage for final tuning adjustments before shows when I am waiting for the concert to start.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        You fuckers got it ALL wrong! I'm playing my Buzz Feiten/Speedloader equipped guitar, retrofitted with a MIDI pickup and robot tuners, with an EBow right now!!

Same here, although I spend most of the time practicing with my Speed-Pick on my 7-string PRS.

Comment

are you sure?? sounds like a british new wave band to me.

Comment

I want to try one of the compensated nuts out there anyway, if it helps make intonation more proper especially the G string it would be a dream come true.
            Vai has taken a liking to the system that actually has waved frets and said he thinks he would like it on all his guitars.

anyway it has always drove me nuts how guitars are never really in tune across the neck, and we just have to learn to compensate for it.
            I will try one of them sometime.

There are compensated floyd nuts comming out too.

Comment

Isnt Tommy a compensated nut??

Comment

Get a True Temperament neck instead, if you're that concerned about tuning

http://www.truetemperament.com/

Comment

Tom Anderson guitars use it.

Comment

That just looks wierd, like the frets have melted.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post

Same here, although I spend most of the time practicing with my Speed-Pick on my 7-string PRS.
                      You need to try the new Speed-eBow or you haven't technically played a guitar! And my PRS has real birds in it! Durr!
                      :ROTF:

Comment

I have it on my Anderson and it makes a noticeable difference on first position chords. It's not perfect by any means but it is better than what we're all used to. If you play one that's been properly set up and can't hear a difference, the issue is your ears, not the tuning system.

I think its less of a fad and viewed more as a hassle for today's players who tune to drop z and use tons of gain where minor things like being in tune aren't important

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                          where minor things like being in tune aren't important
                          Ha! Some folks just can't hear the inherent flaws in the temperament of the guitar. I wish I couldn't.

I've often thought about getting the Feiten system or Earvana put on a guitar but have just never got around to it. Instead I just use sweetened tuning because it doesn't cost me a thing and works on all of my guitars. My Peterson Stroboflip has it as a pre-programmed mode and I can manually program it into my Axe-FXs' tuners and save it. It definitely makes a difference to my ears.

Comment

sweetened tuning??? what is that??

Comment

Originally posted by SweOak View Post
                              Get a True Temperament neck instead, if you're that concerned about tuning

http://www.truetemperament.com/
                              Since true temperament is based on the key you're playing in, I'm kind of confused by their claim.
                              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                                sweetened tuning??? what is that??
                                Google is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X