Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Appreciate the pics, can you get the whole guitar in the shot? Thanks
    Why didn't I see this one coming? :ROTF: At least I found a pink one for Dave!

Anywho, here's some more...I realize that there are a lot more that are better quality out there, but who knows, maybe I snagged a pic of something that no one else did! Not going today, went to the Guitar Gods show at HOB afterwards though - Schenker headlined (he looks a LOT better no that he's off the hooch - for now - and his chops were a little rusty, but Schenker at 90% is better than just about anyone in the universe, so there! I saw Uli and his singer lingering at the Carvin booth for a LONG time (if anything comes of this, you heard it here first!), but no dice in him hitting stage with Michael, although Vinnie Moore did for Doctor Doctor, Warren Demartini did for Rock Bottom (with a Gretsch 6120 - completely out of place, except for when that feedback section of the solo hits that Schenker let him take, for which Warren gave a big after he gave the reigns back to Schenker - too cool! Leslie West hopped on stage for a couple of Mountain songs at the end, which was funny since Schenker then gave Leslie a big after they were done (they played "Down down down (sic?)" and another, but no Mississippi Queen).

Also saw most of Ratt play before that (Warren, Carlos Cavazo, and Robbie Crane), played Round & Round, Way Cool Jr., Walkin the Dog, and Metal Health, as well as a couple others.

Frank Hannon Band was before that - he's completely in his element, just AWESOME! Forget Tesla, his sould is the perfect melding of shred and blues...

Texas Hippie Coalition played before that - not really a fan, but they seemed to go over pretty well...

Without further adiu, here's some bad and blurry pics...

The new Mark V, FWIW...

Here's Schenker...

The new Jenna...if you care anymore...

Mortons...

Rhoads...

The new Murray..
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

what model is this one?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
        what model is this one?

Looks like an Extreme Kelly from Pablo Santana. He makes a lot of those types of guitars.

Has anyone noticed the Morton with dots, appears to be bolt-on and what looks like Duncan Designed pickups? New X-Series Morton?

Also, that gold RR24, that KE3 with White Pinstripes and that Metallic Pink RR5 are all slick.

Edit: That Morton also appears to have different tuners.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That "Extreme Kelly" Ross asked about has a top horn, which I've never noticed on the Extreme Kellys before. Looks like a Warrior-style horn.

Pretty much all the Explorer/Kelly has been missing IMO is a top horn.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The only way it really connects to being a Kelly to me is the lower horn and the lower edge of the body.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

It's huuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Either that or beardy bloke is a shorty.
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

"Has anyone noticed the Morton with dots, appears to be bolt-on and what looks like Duncan Designed pickups? New X-Series Morton?"

Looks like a plain bolt-on maple neck and rosewood board. The 2009 price list doesn't show any x, js, or mg series Dominion, though. The Primer color isn't listed anymore, either.

Comment

Actually, we brought two PC1's - a Custom designed and built by Mike Shannon in Gun Metal Grey with a ebony fingerboard and sharkfin inlays, and a PC1 in Chameleon. The Chameleon finish was designed by Chip Ellis, before he got busy with EVH. Anyway, we swapped out the USA Side of the booth every day, with the exception of the Adrian Smith & Rob Cavestany models for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by BGWwebguy View Post
                  Nice pics.

Whats up with this? A photo of Phil displayed, but no PC1's? Im pretty sure neither of those 2 guitars are a PC1....

And was anyone signing at the room? Phil etc?
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
                    "Has anyone noticed the Morton with dots, appears to be bolt-on and what looks like Duncan Designed pickups? New X-Series Morton?"

Looks like a plain bolt-on maple neck and rosewood board. The 2009 price list doesn't show any x, js, or mg series Dominion, though. The Primer color isn't listed anymore, either.
                    thats called the Dominion D2.. its a bolty, DDesigned pups, rosewood, dots, and not a bad player..

hasnt been approved by Mark yet... so no word on it..

McD, can you correct me if I am wrong.. I think thats what CCan told me
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

McD,
                      Do you have any good pictures of the Jackson Custom Shop Basses? Specifically the warrior and the concert? thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mournblade View Post
                        McD,
                        Do you have any good pictures of the Jackson Custom Shop Basses? Specifically the warrior and the concert? thanks in advance.
                        Here are some shots I took of the basses:

Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

My work PC blocks certain photo hosting sites. Now I'm home and can see that Warrior bass - I WANT IT DAMMIT!!!
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-21-2009, 07:43 PM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Do you have a better picture of the CS kelly with 'joker face' graphic, looks cool - but it's obscurred in every shot!!!
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

You mean like this?
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks Rudy, that's exactly what I meant - for some strange reason ....... I would like to own this guitar. That is just phucking cool !!!!
                                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                                X