new dean dave mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
    You mean the Blackmail The Universe ESP?
    Heh yeah.

Comment

Lol
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

im still suprised though that there havent yet been a y2kv copy from Dean :S
        Tell me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Same "speed neck" profile as on the King V.
          I owned a silver VMNT1 like you Toe, but for some reason (and call me crazy) the neck felt different to me than my King Vs (I own two KV Pros). It felt bigger. My King Vs feel much thinner, but it could be my brain and its Jackson bias
          - Adam

Comment

Hmm. Are the KV Pros different neck profile than the KV1 and KV2? The last KV2 I played was awhile ago, but it felt the same (from what I remember) to the VMNT1. Did the Pros also have the smaller frets?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

KV1 profile is a bit thinner. I have both guitars.
              But I heard that the profiles on KV1s between 98-2000 changed slightly... So, who cares!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Hmm. Are the KV Pros different neck profile than the KV1 and KV2? The last KV2 I played was awhile ago, but it felt the same (from what I remember) to the VMNT1. Did the Pros also have the smaller frets?
                Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                KV1 profile is a bit thinner. I have both guitars.
                But I heard that the profiles on KV1s between 98-2000 changed slightly... So, who cares!
                Ok this just got really interesting
                I've only played the King V Pros (I've been playing them for years), but recently got the chance to play a KV2 at a local Guitar Center. I know, I know... a KV2 at a GC.... nuts huh? It's used. I'm trying to get them to come down just a hair on the price and it's mine dammit LOL. Anyway, I played it and to me it seems to feel the same as my Pros. I could be wrong of course, because I'm just going on feel. BUT I can say without a doubt that the Dean VMNT1 necks I've played (I've played 3... my silver one, a Gears of War, Angel of Deth, and one of the limited run signed ones) just feel bigger to me. Sorry to stir up the topic, just something I've noticed. Weird huh? It could all be in my head though LOL

That being said, I've never played a KV1. So I can only comment on the ones I have played thus far. I'd KILL for a Korina KV1. KILL I say!!

Oh and for the record, I don't like the new RIP graphic. Reason being is the same as someone else here said... its TOO "signature" for me. Same thing with the Angel of Deth model. I dig that graphic personally but would never buy it because Dave plays it so much it's all it would be associated with. Nothing unique about it at all anymore. Does that make sense or am I a lunatic? LOL
                - Adam

Comment

They even changed the fret-size on KV1s during the years.

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                    Ok this just got really interesting
                    I've only played the King V Pros (I've been playing them for years), but recently got the chance to play a KV2 at a local Guitar Center. I know, I know... a KV2 at a GC.... nuts huh? It's used. I'm trying to get them to come down just a hair on the price and it's mine dammit LOL. Anyway, I played it and to me it seems to feel the same as my Pros. I could be wrong of course, because I'm just going on feel. BUT I can say without a doubt that the Dean VMNT1 necks I've played (I've played 3... my silver one, a Gears of War, Angel of Deth, and one of the limited run signed ones) just feel bigger to me. Sorry to stir up the topic, just something I've noticed. Weird huh? It could all be in my head though LOL

That being said, I've never played a KV1. So I can only comment on the ones I have played thus far. I'd KILL for a Korina KV1. KILL I say!!

Oh and for the record, I don't like the new RIP graphic. Reason being is the same as someone else here said... its TOO "signature" for me. Same thing with the Angel of Deth model. I dig that graphic personally but would never buy it because Dave plays it so much it's all it would be associated with. Nothing unique about it at all anymore. Does that make sense or am I a lunatic? LOL
                    The KV1's from 1999 and up have thicker necks then the earlier ones (1996 to 1998).

The neck on my KV Pro was thinner than my KV2.

But by no means are any of these necks "thick".

Comment

I heard that they are marketing the Korina one as the ADDWHPIDM model.

"As Dimebag Darrell Would Have Played It Dave Mustaine model" .....just to make more $$ off his name.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                        I heard that they are marketing the Korina one as the ADDWHPIDM model.

"As Dimebag Darrell Would Have Played It Dave Mustaine model" .....just to make more $$ off his name.
                        Dean? Make money off of Dimebag's name? NEVER! Never I say!
                        - Adam

Comment

Dean's like ESP of 6 years ago, everyone's playing them. Gimmie a second lemme go see if they've slipped in a Dean with my Carvins and Jacksons.

No, still just Carvins and Jacksons. But damn, even Chris Impellitteri (did I even spell that right?). I like the look of Deans and I like the feel of the ones I've played though I have not tried any since they got all trendy again so I don't even know if they still feel as solid as they used to.

I gotta say though, Dave's guitar, Rusty's and Schenker's look sexy.
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                            i was at the dean factory outlet store the other day. i played DOZENS of deans with various finish blems or other "injuries". i wasn't really inpressed. and the DMVNT i played felt like a cheap piece of shit. when i tapped on the body, it echoed....
                            why i sold my dean VMNT. very sub standard and had no weight to it.

Comment

Originally posted by elysianfield View Post
                              why i sold my dean VMNT. very sub standard and had no weight to it.
                              I picked up one at the store, It was like a feather.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                I actually like the display one with no neck binding better since the headstock has no binding.

Limited to 50 worldwide and it's USA made. So I am guessing by Dean's prices it will be around $5000 bucks?

It's the nicest Mustaine Dean yet IMO. But the headstock is still a deal breaker for me.
                                +1

The Dean headstock makes it hard for me to get one. Now the KV or DV8 on the other hand.
                                Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Working...
                                X