Dave Murray signature Stratocaster at NAMM 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonestarplayer View Post
    Just talked to guitar center. The dave Murray strat is available. It is American made. GC price is $2000. About to go order mine!
    I'll wait till the "gotta have it now" people buy the initial ones and pick one up used and cheap later on.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i don't see how either of these models are going to support fender's ridiculous fantastic views on 'the market'.

indifference is one thing, but this almost seems irresponsible. there must not be any bailout dollars for the fmic ceo's this season...
      198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
      1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
      2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
      2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
      2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

I'm pretty sure Dave didn't get a Floyd till after Powerslave. He played a Kahler'd Strat on Powerslave.

Comment

He also was endorsed by ESP around Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son, had custom ESP Strats with Floyds.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
            Where is the floyd?
            The first post in this thread has a link to one with a Floyd. :think:
            http://www.gear-vault.com/wp-content...der-strat1.jpg
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's funny, I love the way Adrian Smith just digs in when he plays. Dave Murray just always looks happy as heck and just rips and then there's Janick Gers jumping all over the place- a lot of fans love him for it. It all just seems to work, that is why Iron Maiden is Iron Maiden- the best band in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
                It's funny, I love the way Adrian Smith just digs in when he plays. Dave Murray just always looks happy as heck and just rips and then there's Janick Gers jumping all over the place- a lot of fans love him for it. It all just seems to work, that is why Iron Maiden is Iron Maiden- the best band in the world.
                +2

Comment

I concur.

Comment

even though i LOVE having a floyd on my guitars, the DM start looks less "cheap" with the fender style bridge. i like it better that way. makes me think of the old videos from "number of the beast" and "piece of mind".....

now it's in the collection for sure!!!!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i don't get it.

the floyd likes a real piece of equipment, not a tin ball.

now i'm not ghetto or anything like that, but the difference between a floyd and a fender bridge is like the difference between spinning wheels that cost about $1200 each, and spinning wheel covers that you attach to your steel wheels with clips on the cover interior.

Comment

i hear ya, dude, but go back and listen to skilled strat players, shit, even dave murray....go find the original single of "sanctuary" that has the live cover of montrose's "i've got the fire", listen to the sound of that strat....no floyd rose. go listen to ritchie blackmore...no floyd rose. go listen to "speedy's coming" on tokyo tapes from the scorpions....uli roth didn't need a floyd. jeff beck never did either.

a floyd does not make or break a guitar. most of my guitars DO have a floyd, but i don't NEED one, and neither did dave murray until the late '80's. THAT guitar pictured on fender's website IS the black strat i remember from my youth.

i remember a blk one with a kahler used in '85-'86. i remember the powder blue and vintage white ESP's '87-'90. i remember the dark red jackson used from '90-'93....dave has had a lot of strats/strat variants....

IMHO, fender chose the right one to release. if yu want it to have a floyd, do what dave did...hack that fucker up and put one on there!!
                        Last edited by markD; 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Did anyone else notice the Ritchie Blackmore Strat on Fender's website? It looks just like the Japanese one from the 1990's. I remember trying one out back in 1995, but I didn't think much of the neck or the pickups. Still, it's a beautiful looking guitar!

Comment

shit bro, i totally agree with you
                            never thought a fender w/ FL would be fckin sexy rools1:
                            Own:
                            '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                            w/e catches my eyes ATM
                            More '90 Professionals

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The first post in this thread has a link to one with a Floyd. :think:
                              http://www.gear-vault.com/wp-content...der-strat1.jpg
                              As far as I can understand that is a pic of the japanese-market Murray, which is a different model.

Comment

Is it me or the neck humbucker is too far off the neck butt? That's the reason why I don't like 24 fret necks, because the neck pickup does not sound right...

Comment

Working...
                                X