Dave Murray signature Stratocaster at NAMM 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alder body!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by irnmadn88 View Post
      IIRC- Because Steve Harris is a West Ham United fan...
      His old bass from the 50's was that colour in the 80's after being refinned from black (You can see it in black in old videos from before they had Bruce.) it was that colour for quite a while before being refinned to the West Ham logo and all that like it is nowadays. The newest video I've seen it in that colour was one from the "Fear of The Dark" tour but it could have been that colour for even longer.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
        Actually, it looks like it's MIA as part of the artist line that includes, EJ, EC, and YJM.
        Should come in at $1400 - $1600 if so.

I like it better than the Jackson.
        Unfortunately no - better add about 30% to that price as Fender is having an "across the board" price increase in early February. An example I've been quoted - the American Standard Strat is going from $999.99 MAP to $1,274.99 MAP. Also, look at the MAP price of the new bound rosewood board Eric Johnson signatures (allready out on a couple of dealer sites) - $2,510 - compared to the 2008 MAP of $1,749.99 on the maple neck models. Granted the rosewood has binding so it will still be more than the maple neck version after the price increase.

I'm sure the Murray is going to be more in line with the Clapton/Beck/SRV than the Johnson, or at least in line with the USA Hot Rod Vintage models (which also have nitro bodies and satin nitro necks).

Comment

Not a really good idea to raise prices in my opinion. With this economy, not many people are spending money.

Comment

Dave Murray signature now on the Fender Website!!!!!!

Where's the Floyd?????

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0118802806

Comment

Where is the floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarplayer View Post
                Not a really good idea to raise prices in my opinion. With this economy, not many people are spending money.
                if they already aren't spending money, what difference will a price increase make?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Oops, I just stated the obvious....How do you delete these bad messages, all I can do is edit them??? Is this some anti-McD conspiracy?
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

It's based on the way it was, somewhere back in time, around I'd say... mid 80's....

Dave Murray signature now on the Fender Website!!!!!!

Where's the Floyd?????

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0118802806
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Dave's 57 strat did have a floyd rose. Check out some of the powerslave tour photos.

Comment

Originally posted by John C View Post
                        Unfortunately no - better add about 30% to that price as Fender is having an "across the board" price increase in early February. An example I've been quoted - the American Standard Strat is going from $999.99 MAP to $1,274.99 MAP. Also, look at the MAP price of the new bound rosewood board Eric Johnson signatures (allready out on a couple of dealer sites) - $2,510 - compared to the 2008 MAP of $1,749.99 on the maple neck models. Granted the rosewood has binding so it will still be more than the maple neck version after the price increase.

I'm sure the Murray is going to be more in line with the Clapton/Beck/SRV than the Johnson, or at least in line with the USA Hot Rod Vintage models (which also have nitro bodies and satin nitro necks).
                        I don't care. I'm getting one.
                        It'll be my Tax refund guitar for 09.

Now, if I could get his talent...
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Dave's 57 strat did have a floyd rose. Check out some of the powerslave tour photos.
                          He was using that guitar for many years before Powerslave and it did not have a Floyd.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Without an OFR it will make a nice wall hanger.

Comment

Just talked to guitar center. The dave Murray strat is available. It is American made. GC price is $2000. About to go order mine!

Comment

that's not good news for the price on the jackson...
                                198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                                1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                                2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                                2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                                2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                                2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                                2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Working...
                                X