Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new Jackson/Charvel models for Winter Namm 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kv5???

Comment

I'd like to see a USA SLS again, a new 7 string of some kind, or a COW with a neck pickup.
      But I'm only expecting to see a bunch of airbrushed customs and other shit that nobody cares about that'll sit around at Fuller's and the Music Zoo for years to come.

Comment

Death angel?

is this a whole new model altogether?
        Gear

Jackson DXMG
        Jackson JS30RR
        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
        Blackstar HT5H
        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
        Marshall JCM 800 2203
        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

The Death Angel was a Custom-Shop-Only model since about 1990 IIRC. Designed by the guitarist of the band Death Angel (hence the name) Rob Cavestany (sp?)

A USA SLS would be nice, but quite frankly I'd rather see it look more like the JacksonStars NASL (arched mahognay body, maple top, mahogany neck, model-specific inlays, Floyd, etc), since the traditional SLS has never had the staying power of other SL models.

The previous incarnations of the USA SLS looked nice but always had something about them to drive people away, whether it was the lack of a trem or the funky hardtail and baseball bat neck profile.

The NASL neck has almost a KV profile.
          Last edited by Newc; 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

1) Bring back some of the discontinued finishes on USA Selects. I want a Tobbacco Sunburst WR1, damnit.
            2) Bring back the Warrior Pro.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A neckthrough Pro Series for under a grand would be nice.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                A neckthrough Pro Series for under a grand would be nice.
                RR5 and SL3 can both be had for around a grand Canadian if you have a good relationship with your dealer. Under would be better but assumming you get a good example, the features for the price on both of those is a great deal.

I am unlucky and have a knack for getting ahold of duds and got 2 RR5's with (very) minor issues that I didn't feel like pursuing through the warranty channel to have resolved. So I bit the bullet and went USA select and have been very happy that I did. But that RR5 at almost half the price of a RR1 is certainly not half the guitar.

My wishlist for a new model would be to get something at an SL3/RR5 level of guitar with a sustainer at around that same price point. It's a big valley between a DK2S and a PC1. A neckthrough with a sustainer at an affordable price would be filling a small void in the bloodline (tm). I pretty much have everything I need for my capabilites at 2 electrics and an acoustic. I am a neckthrough guy. I dig playing music with legato vibes alot. A sustainer is something I could see myself really loving enough to jump up to being a 3 electric and one acoustic guy.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm hoping for a string thru Warrior.
                  USA or Japanese Import.

Beyond that nothing much. Makes it more of a surprise that way.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    RR5 and SL3 can both be had for around a grand Canadian if you have a good relationship with your dealer. Under would be better but assumming you get a good example, the features for the price on both of those is a great deal.
                    It's tough when the only stores that sell Jacksons are chains that won't budge prices for anything or give any extras if you spend a lot. Hence why I'm probably buying my next Jackson from one of the dealers on here next time I buy one.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Yeah, I'd imagine pickins are a little more slim in Saskatoon.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Weren't the new Charvel Model Series imports supposed to be reissued this NAMM?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          There already is a good KV2T. It's the KV2T
                          Nah man. I'm really not fond of the current KV2T. The headstock, inlays, scale, pickups, pretty much everything.

I would really, really like to see just a regular KV2 but string-through. Kinda bummed they just had to mess up the KV2T. I have been wanting a string-through KV for ages now. I'm still hoping they will release one some day.

Like this, I'm really sad there isn't one available cause its really obvious:

Last edited by BeëlzeM; 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah man, that's the one!
                            The Jackson to end all my Jackson GAS... or to fuel it because I'd need one in every finish known to mankind!
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                              Weren't the new Charvel Model Series imports supposed to be reissued this NAMM?
                              For real?! I would buy one in a half a second.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Still hoping for the return of the imported Fusion (with Ebony fingerboard of course), and the debut of Demartini Frenchie and Snakeskin..............

Comment

Working...
                                X