No announcement yet.

Demmelition V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, that is sweet! I've thought about a KV2 for a long time, but have not taken the leap because a couple issues, in order of importance:
    1. thin frets (my biggest dislike with the KV2)
    2. pups, the Duncans are ok
    3. volume knob in the way

It looks like the Demmel V takes care of all these! Now to see if any stores get one in to try out. Which doesn't look good, considering I haven't seen a single RR24 yet in Atlanta - and that's between 3 GCs, a Sam Ash, and a local chain that carries good stuff.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
      i agree...

and for a bit of comparison..

Jackson is usually the more expensive guitar in when you compare apples to apples..
      but I am looking at my ESP standards, and the MOP, really looks like pearloid. I may be wrong, but the MOP on all the guitars I see that I "know is real" and they all have pink "somewhere" in them. The RR24, PDKV, and the ESPs dont have that coloration.. its all white and grey and the ESPs are 200 more
      I was under the impression that the ESP Std series still used pearloid on their inlays? Most of the ones I have seen have looked like they were pearloid. That's particularly one of the reasons why I never bought an Eclipse.

Comment

I wonder what kind of neck the demmel V has... Thick, flat ?
        More like RR1, KV2 or SL ?

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
          I was under the impression that the ESP Std series still used pearloid on their inlays? Most of the ones I have seen have looked like they were pearloid. That's particularly one of the reasons why I never bought an Eclipse.
          thats what I am saying, they say "pearl" inlays, but its not MOP its pearl
          "oid"
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
            I wonder what kind of neck the demmel V has... Thick, flat ?
            More like RR1, KV2 or SL ?
            KV2
            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
              KV2
              That would be cool!
              I love KV2 necks

Comment

I guess its time to hit Sam Ash here in town to see if they have one of these. I'm interested in checking it out.
                - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                  MOTO makes the most sense...the MM nonwithstanding, if Jackson is going to start making imports with ebony, MOP, OFR's (or JT-590's) and hopefully good build quality, well.....haven't they been down this road before? I note the Switchcraft/CTS pots & switches as well. If they gave MOP what would distinguish this guitar from a USA, besides "build quality", which is subjective to the player and to the individual guitar anyway? Would it be enough to justify an extra $1000 in cost?

Vass
                  For what it's worth, ESP does exactly what you've described. Some of the Korean LTD's have the exact same specs as their Japanese ESP counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    For what it's worth, ESP does exactly what you've described. Some of the Korean LTD's have the exact same specs as their Japanese ESP counterparts.
                    Maybe so, but if you were to look at their wood stockpiles as well as wiring, pots, screws, etc... you'd notice a MAJOR difference in quality.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• Has anyone actually played or bought one? I ordered one almost 2 months ago and still no word of any progress...

Comment

• I saw two in a shop not far from me (Black with white Bevels and White with Black bevels). I touched it and looked at it but didn't play it. But the build quality looked like typical Jackson Pro, VERY good for the price. Looked pretty flawless.

www.coda-music.com

That's the shop I'm talking about.
                        93 USA Soloist EDS
                        USA HT6 Juggernaut
                        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

• Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
                          I saw two in a shop not far from me (Black with white Bevels and White with Black bevels). I touched it and looked at it but didn't play it. But the build quality looked like typical Jackson Pro, VERY good for the price. Looked pretty flawless.

www.coda-music.com

That's the shop I'm talking about.
                          I doubt you've seen a black one with white bevels, because they've got silver bevels.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                            Maybe so, but if you were to look at their wood stockpiles as well as wiring, pots, screws, etc... you'd notice a MAJOR difference in quality.
                            Yeah I just meant that the "printed" specs are the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                              Has anyone actually played or bought one? I ordered one almost 2 months ago and still no word of any progress...
                              which guitar did you order?
                              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                                which guitar did you order?
                                The white with black bevels.

Comment

Working...
                                X