X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vox has some new guitar models announced on Harmony-Central today:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...PR/Virage.html

Of note is the proprietary pickupdesign:

"...the proprietary VOX Three-90™ Pickup System, which relies on two triple-coil pickups to deliver clean, crunch and lead tones, similar to having single coil, P90 and humbucking-style versatility all in one instrument. [...] This pickup system was designed and built in the USA exclusively for VOX by DiMarzio."

Hate to say I told you so, but...
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Is this pickup available to the public? I've seen it and I believe it's a triple coil RAILS pickup. The Duncan is a DUAL coil with a FULL SIZED P90... entirely different beast.

Comment

Same idea, put together differently. Kinda coincidental that the two main pickup manufacturing rivals would be working on the same idea at the same time.

Comment

what are you trying to prove? that this new pickup doesn't sound good and we shouldn't buy it?
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
            Same idea, put together differently. Kinda coincidental that the two main pickup manufacturing rivals would be working on the same idea at the same time.
            Entirely different idea. triple rails pickup vs P90 with an added rail..? Only thing in common is the rail. They're very different pickups.
            You're clearly biased against SD but it seems you have no idea about pickups in general. Do you? :s

Comment

what are these?

http://stores.ebay.com/Guitarfetish-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
              JvicE

Comment

pickups to be avoided.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
                  Entirely different idea. triple rails pickup vs P90 with an added rail..? Only thing in common is the rail. They're very different pickups.
                  You're clearly biased against SD but it seems you have no idea about pickups in general. Do you? :s
                  They're both attempting to consolidate SC/P90/Humbucker sounds into one pickup. SAME IDEA. Different execution, sure. But the same idea. It's right there in plain English. Read it.

Comment

Actually, the idea IS the execution. During the history, a lot of guys tried to do the same thing with different ways, in a lot of fields. But the patented material has always been "the method" of how anything's done. 3 different companies may want to put the humbucker,single and P90 sounds into one certain pickup. But it's how they do it,which makes them successful or not. The aim is NOT the invention iteself,generally, the method's the invention.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                      They're both attempting to consolidate SC/P90/Humbucker sounds into one pickup. SAME IDEA. Different execution, sure. But the same idea. It's right there in plain English. Read it.
                      Based on your reasoning: all pickups' idea is the provide an electrical signal. So every pickup is ripping another pickup. So why bitch at SD for actually providing a new way compared to others?

Comment

Who else has come out with a SC/P90/Hum three-way pickup? I don't ever recall hearing of this before. So you lot don't think it's a might coincidental that the two main pickup companies come out with a tri-sound pickup system at the same time. Mmm-kay. Whatever.

Comment

The DiMarzio isn't available to public. Furthermore how do you get a P90 tone out of 3 rails..?

Comment

holy cats, i can't believe you ladies are still all wadded up about this!
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                            X