No announcement yet.

The ultimate pickup?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from cosmetic appeal or not, one thing is certain, its definitely innovative.
    Truly in my mind, its cutting edge, innovative, a fresh approach to providing a variety of tones in a single pickup. Whether one is into the bluesier tones of this particular pickup/s isn't the point.
    This is only the beginning, this will change pickups and their applications as we know it.
    Huge break through stuff.

Definitely thanks for sharing.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Since it fits a standard humbucker route it might work with a Jackson pickup cover or one of those generic black ones they sell on Ebay.

Comment

I love the sound of P90s, and I think this pickup is a great idea. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

DiMarzio's Multibucker lasted what? One year? Although I think you can still get it custom. Similar idea, less dorky looking.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Not similar at all. The Multibucker is just two humbuckers close together. Nothing P90 like. The Duncan is an ACTUAL P90 which can also be transformed into a humbucker or a single coil. Or a humbucker that splits into a P90. Or a single coil that's also a P90... it does a lot of stuff. The Multibucker is completely different.

Incidentally all shps in Amsterdam are full of Multibuckers... they try to sell them for 120 euros...

Comment

I'll buy one. No doubt about it.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Oh and as far as jackass behavior from a pickup company, I think Dimarzio takes the award for thwarting all double cream humbuckers. Imagine if Jackson couldn't build black guitars.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It's a cool pickup. The designer also made my 7-String... very cool guy!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Y'know, I've heard that. Yet Carvin does it. The BC Rich BDSM's I threw out were double-cream. Swineshead will do it. I don't really want a double-cream humbucker in anything, so I haven't looked any further than that. Seems like an insubstantiated music store rumor to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                      It's a cool pickup. The designer also made my 7-String... very cool guy!
                      Did you get one of the new Blackout 7's, Phase I?

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                        Y'know, I've heard that. Yet Carvin does it. The BC Rich BDSM's I threw out were double-cream. Swineshead will do it. I don't really want a double-cream humbucker in anything, so I haven't looked any further than that. Seems like an insubstantiated music store rumor to me.
                        No it's true. They argued that the double cream was their 'look' and managed to patent it. Swineshead is British so they may not be bound by it. Carvin's pickups look very different due to the polepieces...No clue about BC Rich, maybe they pay DiMarzio. DM also patented differently wound coils, or something like close to that. They do have some rather strong business methods. Duncan care for the customer to a level which I've never seen from any other companies. The vice president marketing is a common poster on the forum.

Comment

dont know if I want the pup or not, but cool video and great demonstration of the difference in low-end between the different types of pups. Enjoyed watching it. Thanks.
                          Sam

Comment

Either way these pickups seem pretty nice. Problem is, how many switches do you need to control them?

Seems like you need, 1 3 way to go between blade/p90/hum, then a push pull for series parallel.

Using 2 of these pickups, what would be the best way to wire it?
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Kent Armstrong designed a mini 4-pole triple-throw switch:
                              https://www.wdmusic.com/mini_switch_...29636_prd1.htm

or the full sized switch:
                              http://www.allparts.com/store/electr...00,Product.asp

One per pickup should do the trick.

Comment

Yeah one of those switches for each pickup and a 3-way to go between pickups.

Comment

Working...
                                X